Thread: Experience with the IOS port

Articles
    Blog Entries

Default Experience with the IOS port

Hey guys, looking for a mobile game in which I can grind job classes while on the go. Since the furthest I've ever gotten in FFV was like the fourth dungeon, I figured it would be a great purchase (despite the small amount of time I've spent on it, I honestly think it's the most fun I've had with a main series entry). I've seen the screenshots of the port, and I've already made peace with the less-than-stellar spritework. What I'm more curious about is the game's functionality. How fast will it kill my battery? Do I need to be connected to the internet constantly to play it (due to the Cloud saving, I'm assuming)? Does anyone have any complaints with the touch controls? I've read reviews on the game's store page, and I've been getting conflicting accounts, so I figured this would be a more reliable place for answers.
    Returners Represent!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

It's good. Not a huge battery drain and no need to connect to the Internet. I happen to like the sprites, especially considering they're done by the same person that did the original spriteworj, so I like that her vision is retained.

If you end up liking it, I also recommend FF Dimensions. It's a nice little love letter to old school FF fans, quite similar to Bravely Default in that regard. The game being divided into chapters may turn you off at first, but it actually works pretty decently.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Cool, thanks Fynn! I've heard about Dimensions; I figure if I beat FFV I'll move on to that one, but I also feel like I love the SNES FFs too much not to give the middle child the attention it deserves.
    Returners Represent!