Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

That is a cute dog.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

This cinematic is so dope, I can't stop watching it.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Kurisu Kazama (Sargatanas)

This is the best trailer for the game since ever! I had to watch it twice. Stunning CGI.
    <a href=http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m3/Valentine-06/Signatures/fat_mooglesig2.png target=_blank>http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...mooglesig2.png</a>

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

That was pretty rad. Reminds me of the days when Square would make mind bendingly cryptic trailers like Deep Dive where you wanted so badly to play the next game just to know what the hell the imagery you were seeing meant.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I'll admit, that was pretty Final Fantasy to me.

I'm still not likely to play this game though.

The King's Shield The Summoner of Leviathan's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Patroclus Menoetius (Sargatanas)

While I get that this is Regis' dream of what would happen if he didn't do what he did in Kingsglaive, it is interesting to see how it hints at Luna and Noctis being connected. Also, it hints at the main antagonist being not Ardyn as most of the fandom suspects.

Heard alot of fans are happy about this trailer, due to topless ! Noct lol. Cue topless ! Noct outfits in spin-off titles, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by maybee View Post
    Heard alot of fans are happy about this trailer, due to topless ! Noct lol. Cue topless ! Noct outfits in spin-off titles, lol.
    The female Final Fantasy fans were feeling left out from all the sexualization of Cindy. Gotta give them some eye candy too.

It's not like a dude being topless is even really sexualizing. Hell, I for one loved the fact that throughout the trailer, Noctis was slowly stripping his clothing too.

That Chaos Noctis tho.

Quote Originally Posted by The Summoner of Leviathan View Post
    While I get that this is Regis' dream of what would happen if he didn't do what he did in Kingsglaive, it is interesting to see how it hints at Luna and Noctis being connected. Also, it hints at the main antagonist being not Ardyn as most of the fandom suspects.
    I'd sure hope not. Ardyn being the big bad baddie would be about as shocking as finding out FFX's Seymour isn't a nice guy. Nobody saw that one coming either, amirite?

The King's Shield The Summoner of Leviathan's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Patroclus Menoetius (Sargatanas)

I totally think Ardyn isn't an antagonist but just playing TEAM ARDYN so whatever gets him what he wants. Seems like the main antagonist is gonna be some sort of eldritch evil or something like that. We have been told that not all the characters have been revealed. This is another reason why when people are complaining about everything being spoiled, I kinda laugh to myself. So far we have seen edited (with plot spoilers removed) first 12 hours or so of the game, but must of that included side quests too. So yeah, I don't know what really has been spoiled. Though to be honest spoilers don't ruin things for me so I don't see the big deal anyways.

As for sexualization of Noctis, shirtless men are seen very different than shirtless women. A male nipple is a non-issue whereas a female nipple become a media sensation (Janet Jackson's Super Bowl performance). Or even the whole issue about breastfeeding in public. The issue is neither here nor there, but if we are going to mention it we should realize that how we sexualize women and their bodies is very different than how we sexualize male bodies.

Needless to say, I did appreciate a shirtless Noct, though a shirtless Gladio would be far nicer.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

So you mean like, regular Gladio?

I kind of think Ardyn will be the Xande to this thing's Cloud of Darkness. Or the Golbez to this thing's Zeromus. Or the Sephiroth to the Jeniva, Edea to Ultimecia, Seymour to Sin, yadda yadda. You get the picture. The primary antagonist. The Face villain for a Bigger Bad that is more alien.

Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Or the Sephiroth to the Jeniva
    The primary antagonist. The Face villain for a Bigger Bad that is more alien.
    ?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

As in many FFs have an Eldritch villain with a humanoid front, whichever one of them turns out to be the Big Bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    As in many FFs have an Eldritch villain with a humanoid front, whichever one of them turns out to be the Big Bad.
    I know what you wanted to say with that. I just have a problem with taking Jenova as an example for that as Jenova is more like a symbol for the root of all evil, just as ShinRa, while Jenova itself is not even working as a full-fledged character, but almost completely instinctive. The "evil Jenova" (metaphorically Jenova, not literally) is Sephiroth himself.

Omen is the best CG trailer I have seen in a looooong time. I hope there are times where the actual game feels this dark, even though I am looking forward to the bromance.