Thread: Initial Impressions (spoilers for everything up to the big inn in a snowy area)

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Default Initial Impressions (spoilers for everything up to the big inn in a snowy area)

Just to reiterate, there will be spoilers for the story up until the part where you enter an inn, about 4-5 dungeons into the game.

So far I'm really loving this game. It's adorable and has the kind of warm, toasty fanservice that only the most cynical fans could really complain about. It's got a good mix of serious and silly. I'm not a massive fan of Tama but I've gotten 'used to' the weird way she (he? it?) talks.

I find the combat system interesting, not incredible but very fun all the same. So far I've been keeping my characters in 'Jiant' mode, and I think I'll stick with it (just my preference) and then perhaps redo it in Chibi mode all the way through on a different playthrough, to see the differeng dialogue (assuming it differs, which judging by character reactions, it almost certainly must).

I like the central characters, they've grown on me pretty fast. They remind me of Matt & Shauna. :')
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Yeah, I'm having a blast with it. At first I found the way Tama spoke mildly irritating but I've gotten used to it.

I like that the Tonberry who runs the coliseum sounds like John Goodman playing Eeyore.

I am having a surprising amount of fun with it too. It's solidly made and surprisingly difficult if you put on active battles and max battle speed. I've gotten used to Tama's way of speaking too.