Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Thirty Days

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Yeah I agree with the people saying it's not going to live up to the hype built around it. There's just no way any game ever could live up to THAT much built up hype.

FFXIV Character

Tyson Ferrari (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Vivi22 View Post
    Right now the only thing Square's releasing that I'm remotely interested in is the FFXII remaster. I'm not sure how people have managed to keep their enthusiasm up for this game after all this time. It just isn't for me.
    I'd rather throw my PlayStation out the window then play a second more of FF XII. Blows my mind people like that game :S

I will admit my hype for XV died from around 2013 to 2015. I'm in the same boat as a lot of people here where the anime and movie have restored my faith and shown me that SE may actually be capable of telling a good story with this game. In the end, if the story and characters are good I'll be happy.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Tyson View Post

I'd rather throw my PlayStation out the window then play a second more of FF XII. Blows my mind people like that game :S
    I'm looking forward to FFXII HD, more than the FFX HD collection since I feel the XII International version offered more of a new experience. Hell I still consider XII to be the last good game in the series, so in terms of FFXV, I've waited ten years to finally play a new FF that might actually be good.

FFXIV Character

Tyson Ferrari (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    I'm looking forward to FFXII HD, more than the FFX HD collection since I feel the XII International version offered more of a new experience. Hell I still consider XII to be the last good game in the series, so in terms of FFXV, I've waited ten years to finally play a new FF that might actually be good.
    I'm in the same boat except I consider FFX to be the last good game in the series. Honestly I haven't really enjoyed most games SquareEnix has put out. Only 3 I can think of I liked were FFX-2, Kingdom Hearts 2 and Crisis Core. Although all of those games are direct sequels/prequels of amazing SquaresSoft games haha

FF XV is Square Enix's chance to prove to me they can make a truly great Final Fantasy game.... I hope.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Oh yas, bring me that Zodiac Age goodness! When is that coming out again?

Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Oh yas, bring me that Zodiac Age goodness! When is that coming out again?
    No release date yet. I'd imagine sometime in 2017 though, probably along with the VII remake.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

So one week....

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I hope it's good, but my expectations are low. Not low about the quality, but about it being a game I'm going to like. I'm starting to get sick of these 100 hour open world action-oriented RPG with a bazillion repetitious quest games, though they are popular. But it might even be objectively bad. Who knows.

Regardless of what FFXV ends up being, I'll be happy once it is released because it will finally be over.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I mean, so far it kind of looks like the Xenoblade successor that I wanted instead of X, so yeah, I think I'm probably still the most hyped person here

The King's Shield The Summoner of Leviathan's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Patroclus Menoetius (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    I hope it's good, but my expectations are low. Not low about the quality, but about it being a game I'm going to like. I'm starting to get sick of these 100 hour open world action-oriented RPG with a bazillion repetitious quest games, though they are popular. But it might even be objectively bad. Who knows.

Regardless of what FFXV ends up being, I'll be happy once it is released because it will finally be over.
    One of the streamers, from Peru, beat the game in 28 hours but he skipped a bunch of side quests, played on easy difficulty, and even skipped a bunch of cut scenes. So it is kinda one of those you get as much as you put into it kinda things.

I hate how the ending was already spoiled and the worst, by noticing some dumb youtube comment I couldn't resist and looked up what was spoiled about the ending. At first I was a bit disappointed by what I have read but apparently there is more to it and that made it somewhat okay for me again. I still need to actually see it for myself though. What I really dislike though is who the main villain is. I liked Barthandelus and Caius way more - design-wise.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
    I hate how the ending was already spoiled and the worst, by noticing some dumb youtube comment I couldn't resist and looked up what was spoiled about the ending. At first I was a bit disappointed by what I have read but apparently there is more to it and that made it somewhat okay for me again. I still need to actually see it for myself though. What I really dislike though is who the main villain is. I liked Barthandelus and Caius way more - design-wise.
    Honestly, Barthandelus had zero charisma, making him a way worse villain that even the oldest ones such as Garland and the Emperor. And while I can't speak for Caius too much but his design kind of never grabbed me. Like he's this self-insert Dark Sue or something.

So judging by that, the villain is either much worse or much better. Hard to tell because of our differing tastes

I liked his incarnation as Dysley. It felt a lot different from the archetypical Sephiroth, Kuja, Caius, et cetera. And Caius because of his story and the very fact that he is the archetypical anime villain. So I like both sides. Sometimes.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I mean, yeah, Dysley was different in that he was old. But that didn't help in making him compelling. Because his motivations were vague, his entire design was forgettable, and not to mention the whole "haha, you may have thought I tried to trick you with that disguise but I knew it wasn't going to work all along, so all of you got fooled! Muahaha!" schtick, he just stands out as an incredibly weak villain and another reason why XIII just comes across as a whole bundle of wasted potential.

With that out of the way, I hope I manage to avoid any spoilers because I think that at this point I'm more excited than ever. Listening to the Abbey Road live performance and the soundtrack alone is enough to send chills down my spine that I haven't felt since the game's original announcement in 2006.