Thread: Question about Treasure Hunter [Held every weapon and accessory] trophy.

Default Question about Treasure Hunter [Held every weapon and accessory] trophy.

You might have noticed from my signature that I've been trying to finish up XIII before XV comes out.

How much gil is enough before you can finish Cie'th mission 63 to eradicate Adamtortoises? I've heard some people recommend 7-10 million gil, but I can tell they're not efficient with where they're putting it. I am currently at 2.5 million gil, and have 3 Trapezohedrons. When should I stop? The grind is very tedious.

It's even worse because I am currently tying my gil farming with my CP farm. It's a short walk from each other, and it's proving to be extremely efficient, but it is quite taxing. Just a general idea would be nice to know. As of right now, this is the only trophy that endangers me from getting the platinum.

A few questions first.

Are you sure you have at least a ring of each element? Despite the rings being available more than once you can actually sell them before fully upgrading them and you cannot buy them back. So for getting treasure hunter be sure you have the rings because this trophy IS INDEED missable.

Do you want to get Trapezohedrons the ordinary way or do you want to sacrifice a mastered Genji Glove for Trapezos?

Do you really want to eradicate Adamans this way? People think this is efficient but truth be told, considering you have to invest a lot of time in preparing until you can slay Adamans in an ordinary battle, I can say it is not overly efficient. If you want to go that way, fine. But I would not waste my time to activate the mission, go through the process of destroying it and only be fine with a Golden Bar just to go back and do that stuff over and over again. If you ask me, don't waste your time preparing. Do the Death strategy. And not just that. Don't "be just fine with the golden item", reset if you do not have the Platinum Ingot as well. If you can get the two items without using death, yes, you might actually save some time. But for what? You had to prepare and then even go through fighting that thing. Not recommended if you ask me. It is stylish once you are strong enough. But I would not worry about that when it is just about collecting enough money for the items.

But of course that is your decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
    A few questions first.

Are you sure you have at least a ring of each element? Despite the rings being available more than once you can actually sell them before fully upgrading them and you cannot buy them back. So for getting treasure hunter be sure you have the rings because this trophy IS INDEED missable.

Do you want to get Trapezohedrons the ordinary way or do you want to sacrifice a mastered Genji Glove for Trapezos?

Do you really want to eradicate Adamans this way? People think this is efficient but truth be told, considering you have to invest a lot of time in preparing until you can slay Adamans in an ordinary battle, I can say it is not overly efficient. If you want to go that way, fine. But I would not waste my time to activate the mission, go through the process of destroying it and only be fine with a Golden Bar just to go back and do that stuff over and over again. If you ask me, don't waste your time preparing. Do the Death strategy. And not just that. Don't "be just fine with the golden item", reset if you do not have the Platinum Ingot as well. If you can get the two items without using death, yes, you might actually save some time. But for what? You had to prepare and then even go through fighting that thing. Not recommended if you ask me. It is stylish once you are strong enough. But I would not worry about that when it is just about collecting enough money for the items.

But of course that is your decision.
    I have:
    Aqua Ring, Blaze Ring (x4), Clay Ring, Ember Ring (x3), Entite Ring (x2), Frost Ring (x2), Fulmen Ring (x2), Gale Ring (x3), Riptide Ring (x2), Siltstone Ring, Spark Ring (x4), Zephyr Ring. I think that's most of them (barring ones I need upgrading, but I made sure not to sell any of my accessories for this purpose.

Is there anything I'm missing? There's still a few Cie'th missions I haven't finished (three paths of the Titan trials plus many of the 50's and some 60's). I'm sure there are also ways to dismantle some and upgrade some that I'm missing. I know I have to dismantle a bunch of the charms to get some accessories that are otherwise unobtainable.

I currently have 4 Trapezohedrons. And 3.2 million gil now. I am constantly resetting unless I get at least a Platinum Ingot. Although I have gotten quite a few Trapezohedrons in my pursuit to get more gil, which has been a nice surprise.
    Last edited by Noctis Caelum; 11-09-2016 at 05:47 AM.

Platinum obtained today. Wasn't too difficult, just very tedious. But happy to have it done!

Oh and I did not even answer yet. Still congratuations.