Thread: FF XV should run at close to 60fps....if you have the PS4 Pro

FFXIV Character

Tyson Ferrari (Sargatanas)

Default FF XV should run at close to 60fps....if you have the PS4 Pro

http://gearnuke.com/final-fantasy-xv-aiming-60-fps-ps4-pro-4k-support-planned/

According to the director, they are aiming for two different modes for the game on the PS4 Pro, just like it was the case for Square Enix’s Rise of Tomb Raider. The first mode is native 1080p with unlocked frame rate that targets 60 fps. The second option is upscaled 4K using a rendering mode (e.g checkerboard rendering) with locked 30 fps.
    The developers have managed to make the game run at 40 to 50 fps on the PS4 Pro in its current state. They have plans to release a patch in December that will further improve and stabilize the frame rate on PS4 Pro so it runs closer to 60 fps.
    I know this was a point of contention for some people on here. I'm glad they are going about it the Tomb Raider way and giving an option between the two. (i personally would prefer the 4k upscale at 30 fps, never noticed fps too much)
    Last edited by Tyson; 11-11-2016 at 06:14 AM.

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

This is the first news I've heard that gives me even a remote interest in purchasing a Pro.

Of course I don't have a 4K TV and have no plans to get one as of this moment, so I'd feel silly blowing $400 just so I can play FFXV at a higher framerate.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Fluid gameplay: only for PS4Pro customers.
    So it begins.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Glad to see games giving players the option of 4k or better framerate. I don't think it's a Sony requirement to do that - I guess if you're embracing more and more the concept of upgrading your hardware like a PC then it makes sense to more and more allow the performance options like a PC.

There's no way I'm ever getting a PS4 Pro, so I hope the standard game plays OK with its default framerate. I do prefer a nice smooth 60fps, but I've been playing console games for 20 odd years now. I know what to expect and I won't lament the lack of it as long as it's not stuttering everywhere.

The King's Shield The Summoner of Leviathan's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Patroclus Menoetius (Sargatanas)

The recap from the ATR that happened this morning/last night is that currently the game runs at 40-50fps at 2k. The goal is to have a patch sometime in December to bring it up to 60fps on 2k.

FFXIV Character

Quote Originally Posted by DMKA View Post
    This is the first news I've heard that gives me even a remote interest in purchasing a Pro.

Of course I don't have a 4K TV and have no plans to get one as of this moment, so I'd feel silly blowing $400 just so I can play FFXV at a higher framerate.
    As ashamed as I am to admit it, Final Fantasy XV drove me to sell my old tv and upgrade to a 4K one this month. Picked up my Pro yesterday as well.

I know it's silly, but my 14 year old self would never forgive me if I didn't play Versus XIII the best way possible haha.

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I still just can't bring myself to buy the pro. I think if it had a 4k Blu ray drive I'd be more willing somewhat, but I feel like the benefits aren't enough to make it worth buying another ps4 for. Might be different if I can see it in action though. Who knows.

FFXIV Character

http://gearnuke.com/final-fantasy-xv...ge-difference/

1.gif

3.gif

Turns out the new Japanese demo they released today has Pro support, gives a better idea for people who are on the fence......dat asphalt. I'm sure it's even more impressive on the big screen.

I see no difference in those terrible screenshots, lol.

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

At this rate I might just wait for the terrible, locked at 30 FPS, PC port.*

*this is purely anecdotal based on how terribly optimised the majority of FF ports to PC have been. Prove me wrong SE.
    Last edited by Aulayna; 11-11-2016 at 09:36 PM.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

FF13-2 and 13-3 allowed 60fps!

Quote Originally Posted by Noctis Caelum View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Yeah, those do nothing for me, tbh
    Greater texture detail and and better filtering. Less aggressive LoD and details in the distance, more and better detailed foliage.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    FF13-2 and 13-3 allowed 60fps!

Quote Originally Posted by Noctis Caelum View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Yeah, those do nothing for me, tbh
    Greater texture detail and and better filtering. Less aggressive LoD and details in the distance, more and better detailed foliage.
    I mean, sure, why not? But that's honestly the last thing I'm looking forward to in the game. In any game, for that matter. Nor does 60fps do it for me anyway.

I get that some people may be excited about this, but I honestly couldn't care less if an already gorgeous game looks just slightly more gorgeous if I buy a more expensive system (and before you say it's not a slight difference, to me it totally is because I literally do not see a difference until someone points it out). And even if I did care more, buying a huge (or expensive) enough tv for this to make a difference is really, really low on my priority list