Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Black Mirror

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    It's back! Just watched the first episode and god damn that was a scary concept. Episode 1Daly is truly one of the most evil TV villains of all time imho, that was incredibly smurfed up. I think what's so scary is that unlike your usual mustache twirler, dark lord or supervillain, this kind of person could and probably does exist IRL. I mean it's only a technological step up from doing it in something like the Sims.
    (SPOILER)It's Barclay in the holodeck except so much worse and not played for laughs.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

episode 2 referenceWhen the Arkangel doctor showed examples of a clip that would be blurred out, they used an episode of Black Mirror from last season. The military one where people mistake humans for monsters.

I saw another reference last season in the episode about the killer bees. Someone was using twitter and I think some of the hashtags on their computer had references to past episodes.

Any other anthology style references they've had?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf Leonhart View Post
    episode 2 referenceWhen the Arkangel doctor showed examples of a clip that would be blurred out, they used an episode of Black Mirror from last season. The military one where people mistake humans for monsters.

I saw another reference last season in the episode about the killer bees. Someone was using twitter and I think some of the hashtags on their computer had references to past episodes.

Any other anthology style references they've had?
    (SPOILER)Oh man, there are SO many in White Christmas. Especially during the news clip when Beth dies. Tbh, they callbacks like this didn't happen until Netflix took over the series. I don't hate it, but I don't love it either. Some of the stuff that happens is nearly impossible to reconcile into other episodes (see: Fifteen Million Merits, especially). I don't mind callbacks, even, but they're clearly trying to make all of this stuff exist in the same universe, which weakens the series, not strengthens it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Poor Karl Pilkington. Laughed at and mocked 10 years ago for 'The Love of Two Brains' and the machine that like, lets the Dr feel what you feel.

10 years later Charlie Brooker makes a killing from them.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    How I'd rank the season:
    1. Episode 6
    2. Episode 1
    3. Episode 4
    4. Episode 2
    5. Episode 3
    6. Episode 5

I have the same order, except I'd flip round episode 1 and 4.

I didn't dislike the ones at the bottom, I just liked the ones on top more

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

For me, it's

Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

One of the things I really like about Black Mirror is the low budget feel of the episodes. They feel pretty low budget which is pretty cool it really reminds me of the Outer Limits from the 90s which clearly Black Mirror draws inspiration from

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    I'm so smurfing tired of hearing about San Junipero. Happy endings don't belong on Black Mirror.
    I actually enjoyed it too, but(SPOILER)Just tell yourself that moments after the credits started rolling a foreign power struck the Cloud with a massive EMP strike, effectively killing all of them by wiping the memory banks clean. Virtual massacre.

Articles

Y'all, I jumped off my couch at the conclusion of "Crocodile". Far and away the best episode of the new season.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I missed a lot of these easter eggs.

http://fandom.wikia.com/articles/7-b...ium=wikia-rail

In “Crocodile”, a newspaper article contains an out-of-place paragraph that reads: “‘Of course the real question is why anyone would pause what they’re watching just to read a sentence in a printed out newspaper article’, says a voice in your head – before advising you to go and share this finding on Reddit.”