Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Black Mirror

Default Black Mirror

I couldn't find a thread on this series so I opened one. Did anyone watch the third season on Netflix? Did you like it? To me the best episode was San Junipero, followed by Men Against Fire and Shut Up and Dance. But overall it was a great season, definitely on par with the previous two.
    FF games played so far: FFIV; FFVI; FFVII; FFX; FFX-2; FFXII; FFTA; FFXIII Trilogy

Currently playing: Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories (PS3)

Favourite FF games: FFVI; FFXII

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

I'm up to S2E1 and I'm not sure if it's good yet. It's been a bit predictable so far.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I'm so smurfing tired of hearing about San Junipero. Happy endings don't belong on Black Mirror.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Just marathoned the whole thing this weekend after hearing so much about it. I like it, it's smurfing dark. Prime Minister and the pig, tho, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    I'm up to S2E1 and I'm not sure if it's good yet. It's been a bit predictable so far.
    Just wait until you get to White Bear

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    I'm so smurfing tired of hearing about San Junipero. Happy endings don't belong on Black Mirror.
    (SPOILER)But why not? The thing about San Junipero is that you just don't expect it. When I was watching the episode I was waiting all the time for something to go wrong, since it's Black Mirror, and then nothing happened. That left me really surprised cause I didn't think that it would end smoothly. Also the episode is placed after Shut Up and Dance and Men Against Fire, which are pretty dark episodes, so it shines even more. And the relationship between the two main characters, their marriage and everything else was so sweet that honestly I didn't even want a bad ending

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    Just marathoned the whole thing this weekend after hearing so much about it. I like it, it's smurfing dark. Prime Minister and the pig, tho, lol.
    Poor pig lol.
    FF games played so far: FFIV; FFVI; FFVII; FFX; FFX-2; FFXII; FFTA; FFXIII Trilogy

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Really? I found San Junipero predictable despite it breaking the Black Mirror norm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Articles

I agree with Yubel-Lover, I don't think San Junipero was predictable. (SPOILER)The ending, maybe, but to start with I thought it was set in the 80's and was wondering when the bad technology would appear, then I was sure there was some time travel dealio going on, then I twigged that it was VR but didn't realise they were both old and dying. And tbh I did think they were going to do the standard Black Mirror NOBODY WINS ending so yeah it got me.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    I agree with Yubel-Lover, I don't think San Junipero was predictable. (SPOILER)The ending, maybe, but to start with I thought it was set in the 80's and was wondering when the bad technology would appear, then I was sure there was some time travel dealio going on, then I twigged that it was VR but didn't realise they were both old and dying. And tbh I did think they were going to do the standard Black Mirror NOBODY WINS ending so yeah it got me.
    Exactly. I had pretty much the same thought process.

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I think my favorite episode was Nosedive. You could argue it had a happy ending as well. (SPOILER)Sure, she ended up in prison, but she was free of the stress their society caused. Her and the man trading insults was my favorite scene in the whole series so far.

Yeah, I agree that Nosedive had an happy ending, at least partially. What I like about that episode is the falsity of people around you and how they took it to an extreme level with the rating system.

It's good. People say it's predictable or lame... the problem is it's as shocking as the original twilight zone... that was the 60s though.

I love anthology shows and Black Mirror constantly delivered quality episodes. There's supposedly a season 4 coming and I'm looking forward to it despite hearing that theyre abandoning the focus on technology

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

Seen one episode of this months ago. I clicked on the highest rated from a particular season and it was the San Junipero. I really enjoyed it. I'm a sucker for party scenes back in the day on film. It stayed in my thoughts for the few weeks after. Haven't looked at any other episode since though. :/

Str8 Pimpin'

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Edge View Post
    Seen one episode of this months ago. I clicked on the highest rated from a particular season and it was the San Junipero. I really enjoyed it. I'm a sucker for party scenes back in the day on film. It stayed in my thoughts for the few weeks after. Haven't looked at any other episode since though. :/
    You totally should! It's an amazing show!

Articles

It's back! Just watched the first episode and god damn that was a scary concept. Episode 1Daly is truly one of the most evil TV villains of all time imho, that was incredibly smurfed up. I think what's so scary is that unlike your usual mustache twirler, dark lord or supervillain, this kind of person could and probably does exist IRL. I mean it's only a technological step up from doing it in something like the Sims.