Thread: Completed the game!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Default Completed the game!

Well, in that I beat the final boss and got the proper ending. 100% satisfied with this game. Possibly one of my top five FF games. The first game I've played that I am actually looking forward to the DLC for. I never buy DLC. I think I've bought one whole DLC thing in my life.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

I finished it a couple hours ago too!

Had a blast with it. Lots of fun and a surprisingly deceptive level of depth (even after sixty hours there's still a lot I haven't done). It also has one of the more unforgiving final boss fights of the series surprisingly (took me five tries before I killed him). The story isn't as bad as some of the reviews said it was either. I was interested to see what would become of our heroes by the end (or "heroes" rather?) and I was pretty satisfied by the way it concluded.

Oh, and that ending credits FMV was all sorts of rad.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

The ending credits was maximum Japan. xD

That last fight was a bitch. I think I wiped three times to it. It was at that point that I went crazy with buying X-Potions, spend 10 Arma Gems on a Resist Confusion seed, and used seeds on all my blank spaces and mixed up my mirajewels. Kept the same base stacks though. In the end, I managed thanks to liberal use of Pheonix Pinions/Mega Phoenix/Remedy/Haste/X-Potions/Ethers/etc. Actually the first time in the game that I'd used Ethers at all.

The three fights immediately beforehand were so easy. The fight against Segwarides or whatever his name got me first time because he spammed Disaster constantly and I didn't realise that I could get rid of Doom (since the game tells you that you can't!). Turns out Healing Horn + Remedy+ both remove it. Go figure. So that got me through that fight no problem. The fights against birdlady and the fight against initial bossdude were cakewalks, though.

But that last fight. Urgh. The fact his speed gets faster and faster as his HP drops was infuriating. Made beating him all the more satisfying though.

Starting to mosey about and talk to the NPCs postgame now. I love the commentary on that inaccessable desert town, and I love Tifa talking about Cloud. I really like that they have made all areas accessable after the ending, so you can talk to all the NPCs as they rejoice in the world being saved. Not enough FF games do that. You basically get told "THE END GO AWAY NOW" and you never find out what happens to your characters. This was an excellently done option that I hope they pursue in future.

Also, if they ever remake FFI-VI (or even IX) then I hope they do it in the style of WoFF. I feel it fitted the old school vibe absolutely perfectly. I think VII, VIII and X onwards wouldn't suit it as much, but for the old games, this is how they should be redone.

Glad you enjoyed it ! Just going through it now, though is anybody else hoping for a sequel already ? They need to include some II, XII and XIV love, and also include some XV as well.

Also it's a huge bummer that Cecil, Zidane, Vaan and Firion got rejected.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Cecil not being in was a real surprise, yeah. Same for any XII peeps. I notice they didn't have Tactics either. Possible Ivalice DLC in future? Maybe when the XII HD game is released. I thought Vaan would be at the Coliseum for sure.

Also, there is one point where there's a guy at a caravan that I could have sworn was going to turn out to be Minwu. Nothing happened from it though. So ... another DLC perhaps?

For XIV, they stated that they didn't want to put in characters from a game that was still actively being worked on. They suggested it could be DLC if there was enough demand for it.

For XV, they didn't want to have Noctis appear in a game that wasn't FFXV before FFXV is out, which I actually agree with. Can see it being a DLC though.

But yeah. There are a few hints dropped in the game that there will be an expansion of some kind and I am already looking forward to it. I just adore the intervention missions, so more of that would certainly not bother me at all.

Overall I'm pretty happy with the spread of characters we got though. Including some less famous characters was a great move, too.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Ugh so excite for this. Glad you enjoyed it!!

FFXIV Character

Tyson Ferrari (Sargatanas)

Just completed it, what an awesome little game with a surprising amount of depth. Honestly I'm kind of concerned this may overshadow XV for me haha. It's a great call back to the PS1 era FF's without a lot of the stuff that made them annoying. I didn't have to go back and grind throughout the whole game so it is quite well balanced.

Admittedly the story isn't great (although I'd still rate it higher then XIII haha)

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I agree with your thoughts about WoFF vs FFXV. I'm skeptical that FFXV will meet the standard set by WoFF when it comes to sheer enjoyment of a game. I look forward to more WoFF-style games in the future, should they decide to make them.

If FFXV is even close to as good as WoFF was, I'll be pleased all the same.

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

We just finally finished this over the last few days, and we had a ton of fun with it. Still ploughing through the Ex dungeons and collecting all the Mirages in the world. Over 90% done! Not looking forward to trying to capture some of those high level Coliseum dudes, but we'll manage it.

The final boss was a pushover when you learn that he gets super vulnerable to all magic when he's doing his countdown to destruction. 'Sploded him in no time.
    The plot wasn't great, but from what people described it as, I expected something atrocious, but it really wasn't that bad. I cared about what was happening, and that is the important part.

But yeah, overall a great time was had. Maybe we'll pick up FFXV again soon and be like 3 months behind on that too.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

How is the postgame? I haven't really touched it yet. I'm still only at around 50-60% of the Mirages found, too. I'm in two minds as to whether I should get back into it again or if I should just start another game of something else.

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

The Ex dungeons are tough, we're finding a bit of a struggle in some battles. Which is fine because there was 0 struggle in the main game.

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

I've been waivering on picking this up as it's in the PSN sale. Hoping it might go on offer on Amazon soon too. This thread is pushing me toward it, especially as I'm running out of things to do (or well, stuff I want to do) in FFXV.