Thread: Most difficult game you've played for every system.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

:monster: Most difficult game you've played for every system.

What it says on the tine, what was the hardest game you played for each console, handheld, and PC system you've owned?

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

ps1 is probably starfighter in the later levels its jus impossible

ps2 is probably dmc3

ps3 gotta say dark souls?

pc.... civ2? i dunno i cant think of anything that's legit hard on pc
    maybe quake live

Banned

Nintendo --- "Ghost'n Goblins"
    Yeah, you knew this one was gonna be mentioned.
    It's not even the Red Devils that give me the most problems - I got used to their relatively predictable attacks patterns in the NES version some time ago, they are much more random in the arcade version - I have more problems with the two final stages, where the game basically decides to throw as much crap at you as possible.
    Narrow hallways with Big Men, Red Devils and Forest Ghosts ganging up on you?
    Yep, that's stage 5 and 6.

Super Nintendo --- "Space Megaforce"
    This game is extremely brutal on the hardest difficulty - "Wild";
    every enemy will disintegrate into deadly projectiles when you kill them, which can easily flood the entire screen, and there are so many enemies everywhere that you sometimes absolutely need to use a Bomb in order to realistically clear the screen - it's probably the closest that I have seen a regular space shooter come to something that resembles bullet hell, without actually being a bullet hell game in itself.
    It's a GREAT shooter, though - definitely one of the very best space shooters on the whole system - and it's surprisingly unknown.

Nintendo 64 ---"Perfect Dark"
    It seems like everyone has forgotten about this great FPS classic nowadays (at least the actual N64 version), but anyway, it's definitely one of the hardest games to beat to perfection.
    There is no recovery time, so you could get killed in one second if you stand in the enemies' line of fire, and you always need to pay attention to everything that happens around you - the guards are also pretty smart sometimes, and will occasionally wait for you to come to them instead of chasing after you, which makes them more unpredictable.
    Also, unlike its better known spiritual precursor "GoldenEye 007", you will have absolutely no hand-holding on the hardest difficulty;
    in GoldenEye 007 you could sometimes find Body Armours lying around even on 00 Agent, but in Perfect Dark you will get no extra protection whatsoever on any stage if you choose to play on the hardest difficulty, Perfect Agent.
    Last edited by Peter1986; 11-18-2016 at 12:01 PM.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

NES: Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
    SNES: Idk, really. I wouldn't say any of them were really that hard. SMT I, perhaps?
    PS1: Vagrant Story
    PS2: SMT III Nocturne (haven't even beaten it)
    PC: Diablo II (hard of the very unfair kind)
    DS: SMT: Strange Journey
    3DS: Just like the SNES, I don't think I've really played a hard game on this system. FE: Awakening and SMT IV come close, but in both cases the DLC missions really removed any roadblocks for me (which I actually consider a good thing because that saved me a lot of frustration)

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'll have to have have a think about all my systems but for the SNES I'll have to go with UN Squadron. No side-scrolling shooter has ever caused me so many problems. The ship upgrades cost a fortune and without them you literally can't defeat some bosses. It was just insanely hard... so much so that I know I will never go back to it as long as I live.

NES : Ninja Gaiden. Still smurfing love it, though.

SNES : Super Ghouls and Ghosts. Can't get passed the first level.

Mega Drive : Comix Zone. Couldn't get passed 20 mins in without getting slaughtered.

N64 : Everything. I never grew up on this console, so can only play emulated game for about 20 mins. Don't see the point in buying one off Ebay or something, sorry. So yeah, everything.

PS1 : Tenchu. Struggle to get passed the fourth level, again, love it to death though.

PS2 : Jak II : Renegade. Got a few hours into it, stopped because it was so frustrating. Just couldn't do it. Sold to a friend.

DS : Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia. Talk about brutal at times !

3DS : Fire Emblem: Fire Emblem Fates Conquest. Yeahhhh, I just suck at tactical games.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Galina Astrum (Ragnarok)

Nes: Zelda 2
    Snes: Alttp or Smetroid. (So proud a scrub like me beat metroid)
    Sega mega genesis.: Sonic 1
    N64: Conker bad fur day
    Ps1: resident evil. And I only played the xbox one version lol.
    ps2: gta san andreas
    xbox: ninja gaiden
    xbox 360: Dark souls
    Ps3: littlebigplanet xD
    ps4: uhhh trying to do 8 man raids on ffxiv.
    xbox one: Alien Isolation.

Gamecube: Residen evil 0
    Gameboy: uh pokemon red.
    cheapout!! Gameboy coulour: Links awakening DX
    gameboy advance: Minish Cap.
    DS: explorers of time. Like literaly only time. I played all 3 and time is the hardest.
    3ds: animal crossing new leaf.

May have missed some but ho hey

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

NES: feel like it's cheating a bit but Battletoads in two player mode. Supposedly it's actually impossible to beat that way because you can damage your partner and there are points where it's impossible not to damage each other making it impossible to survive until the end.

PC: Super Hexagon. I don't get motion sickness in games. Never have. Even the most chaotic FPS titles don't do a thing to me. But not only is this game just a hard game, it also left me on the verge of vomiting after only 20 minutes. I've never played it since.

If have to think long and hard about any others.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

NES: Solstice (the hardest out of them all)
    Mega Drive: Sonic The Hedgehog 2
    PS1: I can't really remember. Probably Syphon Filter 2.
    PS2: Most of the games I bought weren't story driven. Maybe Kingdom Hearts on the hard mode.
    PS3: Ni No Kuni
    PS4: I'll go with FFXIV as well doing end game stuff.
    PC: Dungeon Keeper

Str8 Pimpin'