Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Aaaand the street date has been broken

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Galina Astrum (Ragnarok)

Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Aulayna View Post
    Apparently it also has a 7GB day-one patch too.
    Is that a new record? Cause it sounds like a new record.

I find it interesting that the day one patch is already live, 2 weeks before launch. It's almost as if they anticipated that the date would be broken.
    Halo 5 had a 9 gb day one update

Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    maybe the patch was initially gonna be 20 gigs.

i mean 7 gb isn't really that big when you think about it. shouldn't take too long to download.
    7GB can be a big deal when you live in a country like New Zealand, Australia, or places in South East Asia, certain regions in the US and many others. I don't think they should be excused for a day 1 patch this big just because some parts of the world happen to have high quality internet connections.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

i know. i'm joking and boasting because i have a 100/100 mbit fiber connection.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

I've greatly tempered my expectations for this game but still looking forward to it. Plus I'd like to make sure I get in an early purchase to support SE. I suspect if FFXV bombs they may withdraw even more aggressively from the single-player premium gaming market.

Guessing a 78-85 metacritic when all is said and done?

FFXIV Character

Tyson Ferrari (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by sinuosity View Post
    I've greatly tempered my expectations for this game but still looking forward to it. Plus I'd like to make sure I get in an early purchase to support SE. I suspect if FFXV bombs they may withdraw even more aggressively from the single-player premium gaming market.

Guessing a 78-85 metacritic when all is said and done?
    Considering XIII is still sitting at 83 on Metacritic I'd really hope XV at least hit's the high 80's. Even if it's not perfect that would be too harsh.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

83? Try 73. Who actually believes "professional" reviews? And it's always going to still sit at 83 because there aren't ever going to be any more professional review than there is now.

I am going to stream it tonight. Whoever wants to watch, visit Yakusoku_no_Ji.

UPDATE: Apparently it cannot be streamed. Thanks to all who streamed it like 2 weeks ago.
    Last edited by Sephiroth; 11-25-2016 at 08:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyson View Post

Considering XIII is still sitting at 83 on Metacritic I'd really hope XV at least hit's the high 80's. Even if it's not perfect that would be too harsh.
    I hope so, but it seems unlikely from most impressions so far. It may edge out XIII's score. To be fair though, XIII's score is probably inflated due to the circumstances of its release. I think most would agree that it is quite generous.

FFXIV Character

Tyson Ferrari (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by sinuosity View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyson View Post

I hope so, but it seems unlikely from most impressions so far. It may edge out XIII's score. To be fair though, XIII's score is probably inflated due to the circumstances of its release. I think most would agree that it is quite generous.
    Agreed, XIII was insanely overrated. It would just suck for the team of FXV if after all the effort they put it in rates lower. Sends a bad message :S

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post

UPDATE: Apparently it cannot be streamed. Thanks to all who streamed it like 2 weeks ago.
    Well, yeah, it still hasn't been released yet. You'd be part of the problem if you streamed it today.

Quote Originally Posted by Aulayna View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post

Well, yeah, it still hasn't been released yet. You'd be part of the problem if you streamed it today.
    That gamers have a game like 3 days ealier is nothing new. 2 weeks is extreme.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

I just doubt anyone who's interested in playing it themselves is going to watch a stream of the game a few days early. They'd just be spoiling it for themselves.