View Poll Results: Cloud+tifa or Cloud+Aeris?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cloud+Tifa

16 64.00%
  • Cloud+Aeris

9 36.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cloud+Tifa or Cloud+Aeris?

Default Cloud+Tifa or Cloud+Aeris?

Who do you think Cloud is better paired with? Tifa or Aeris? I personally am Team Tifa, since I feel they are more connected in a sense to each other romantically in the game. The way Tifa feels obligated to take care of cloud after he is rendered a vegetable is a task I think you'd only do if you truly loved someone. Also, the scene outside the airship in disk three is cute as hell. I think the whole Cloud and Aeris thing stems from Aeris missing Zack more than anything.
    When the war of the beasts brings about the world's end
    The goddess descends from the sky
    Wings of light and dark spread afar
    She guides us to bliss,
    her gift everlasting

I know that fans are either team a or team b, but I like both, I really honestly feel like old Cloudy had the feels for both girls. Not in a dodgy manner, just that he strongly cared for them both.

I disagree about Aerith only loving Cloud as a reminder for Zack, maybe at the beginning, but with the Cloud/ Aerith date, Aerith says that Cloud and Zack are different, and she wants to meet the real Cloud. Again, like Cloud himself, I think she had feelings for both Cloud and Zack, Cloud as somebody new, and Zack as a old sweetheart. Because you never really move on from your first love.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I honestly prefer the CloudxAerith pairing, if only because I feel Cloud needs someone like Aerith, whereas Tifa is just as emotionally clingy as Cloud is and I don't feel either of them are emotionally strong enough to build a lasting relationship with each other that would actually work outside of fiction. While Tifa certainly started Cloud's journey, I feel it was Aerith who really brought out a bit more of his character, whereas Cloud sticks to being a bit of a cold-hearted jerk in the very beginning around Tifa. Course we can argue that most of that was Zack coming through, but if playing through the VII compilation has taught me anything, it's that Zack was a cool dude and Cloud could stand to be more like him anyway.

I also just feel like Cloud and Tifa's whole relationship is just as much of a lie as Cloud and Aerith's in the sense that the revelations of Cloud's past show that the two barely spoke or knew each other before Cloud called her out to the water tower, and yet even Tifa is so far into the "childhood sweethearts" spiel her pre-teen self developed that even she forgot how little she really knew about the guy. So I don't really feel her past with Cloud gives her any more of a right to Cloud than Aerith; being alive by the end does.

I respect everyone's opinion, I think its fun to see what other people think about the subject.
    When the war of the beasts brings about the world's end
    The goddess descends from the sky
    Wings of light and dark spread afar
    She guides us to bliss,
    her gift everlasting

I prefer Cloud with Tifa. It seems more real to me, and I love how they always have each other's back. I also really love all the scenes they have together, particularly the Lifestream sequence. He only knew Aerith for three months, and, for me, you can't be completely in love in three months. If she didn't die, maybe things could have been different, but she did.

The game already stated Cloud needs an older woman that cares about him.

=> Aerith

Also the "that was his mom" comment makes no sense. Same for the next one about "Cloud never really felt anything for Aerith". Typical anti hype train ranting about the Compilation but not even understanding the scenes in the main game.

By the way, Bob's comment is also not true. The official material itself makes it very clear that Aerith was able to see the original characteristics that belonged to Cloud alone. She just wanted to see him fully restored is all.
    Last edited by Sephiroth; 06-10-2018 at 09:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
    The game already stated Cloud needs an older woman that cares about him.

=> Aerith
    That was his mom.

Note: I am a Cloud/Aerith fan and was thinking of this exact quote but a single NPC is not "the game."

I used to, back when I first played VII, really root for Tifa. She's so sweet and absolutely devoted to Cloud. Cloud in turn was this dork who admired her from afar and always wanted to impress her. I think ti's really easy to relate to these two more than anyone else in the party.

But over the years, I think I've come to look at things more...I dunno, not objectively but in a way that takes the narrative into account. Aerith is probably the most important person in the party even after her death. She and Cloud have a peculiar yet touching relationship given their respective pasts with Zack. (who is a schmuck and not nearly as good as Cloud) Nevertheless, there is a tragic beauty to how Aerith never met "the real Cloud." As the journey unfolded more and more of Cloud came out but she still never met the real deal.

Perhaps I'm a sucker for tragedy but this tangled wave and the fact Aerith died makes me ship these two so hard. What could have been and all that.

Tifa because:
    A) She isn't dead
    B) She was an important part of Cloud's backstory and characterization.

Cloud never really felt anything for Aeris aside from the optional Gold Saucer date and her death scene.

Quote Originally Posted by Example View Post
    Tifa because:
    A) She isn't dead
    You can still love somebody after they have passed away lol.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Tifa, easily. Aerith may have "wanted to see the real Cloud", but she didn't. Tifa liked Cloud, Aerith liked Zack. Cloud clearly had feels for both, but I never felt at any point that Aerith + Cloud was a relationship, it was more like watching two ten year olds "dating".
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

It's now 2018 why not Cloud+Barret :<

Serious answer is Cloud+Tifa because Aerith is just way too clingy and pubertal for my taste.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I agree with Maybee that he definitely loved them both. You can tell be his reaction to Aeris’ death that he loved her. I always thought that he and Tifa were a better match. It was a fascinating love triangle actually.

Quote Originally Posted by maybee View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Example View Post
    Tifa because:
    A) She isn't dead
    You can still love somebody after they have passed away lol.
    I was mostly joking when I said that, but I think it's better that Cloud has a gf who is still alive.

Cloud and Aeris was somehow more visceral for me personally, Cloud and Tifa seemed a bit more practically viable, just without the tension that was somehow conveyed with the Cloud/Aeris storyline.

Friendship *is* magic. MJN SEIFER's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Both have their moments, and Aeris and Cloud could have been a possibility if things had gone differently. However, even with the revelation that Zack and Cloud are different once the surface is scratched, there is a chance that Cloud and Aeris represent an "idea" rather than an actual love story. It is like with Aeris saying that she wants to meet Cloud (as in the real Cloud) if she is the one to date him during the Gold Saucer revisit - she wants to make sure that it is Cloud and not a reminder of Zack that she loves, perhaps? It could just as easily be that she is starting to fall for Cloud himself, from what little she does know about him (even Cloud doesn't even know who Cloud really is at this point), but I think there's a chance that she needed to be sure whether it was Cloud she was falling for, or if it was just Zack again.

Ultimately - I think Zack and Aeris, Cloud and Aeris, and Cloud and Tifa were all very much real at some point, even if they didn't last, had the remaining person move on, and even if Cloud did begin as a "replacement" for Zack subconsciously, if he did. In my mind, moving on does not render your previous relationships invalid - they will always be a part of you, even if they weren't the ones you were destined to spend your life with.