Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tattoo Your Current Self

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I just posted here without reading wtf the thread starter wrote.

Anyway, having pictures on your body is great.

Especially having an erotic picture on your body enables you to jerk off every now and then.

Blog Entries

Are you secretly in love with Tove Lo? In support of feminism she tattooed female anatomy on her self. I read it on Tattoodo.
    Creativity is certainly about not being constrained by rules or accepting the restrictions that society places on us. Of course the more people break the rules, the more likely they are to be perceived as ‘mentally ill’
    “Fix the cause, not the symptom.” – Steve Maguire

The Nerd Who Knows Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by theundeadhero View Post
    If I ever felt like it I would finish my monster band around my left arm. I have the zombie guitarist, but I would get Frankenstein as my bassist, an octopus drummer, and a mummy singer. I don't think I'll ever get around to it, but it would be cool.
    This sounds totes awesome. Especially that octopus. I'd hope it has like, four drumsets all around it.

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    I really like the watercolor tattoos. If I was to get one I'd try to get a watercolor otter. Because I like otters a whole lot.

Something like this I guess
    I love these watercolor ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    What about you? If you were to tattoo yourself in some kind of way that would reflect who you are right now, what imagery / words would you get, where, and why?
    I already have tattoos, and each of them represent a certain time in my life.

On my left shoulder I have a Monster Energy claw logo. This was my first one and I got it not long after joining the Marines. It was basically to commemorate the time I spent with my small group of friends in high school. We called ourselves MCVW (Monster Club Vancouer Washington) because we thought it was cool. We'd spend Friday and Saturday nights after our wrestling tournaments driving all around southwest Washington and northwest Oregon. We drank unhealthy amounts of energy drinks to keep us up.
    I want to cover this tattoo up now. Not because it looks dumb (it does though), or because I am ashamed of a dumb tattoo (I'm not. I'd get it again). I just have future plans for a sleeve on that arm and it doesn't mesh with the claw.

On my right shoulder I have a celtic tri-knot with the words "Gra, Dilseacht, Cairdeas" (which translate into "Love, Loyalty, Friendship") surrounding it and my sisters initials at each point of the knot. This is a homage to both part of my heritage (Irish) and to the love of my sisters. This one is noticably imperfect. I had drawn it up for the tattoo artist to give him an idea of what I wanted, and instead of making it even and smooth, he just traced what I'd done and tattoo'd that. In the end I love it even more for it. It is very much MY tattoo.

My third tattoo is a dragon wrapped up and protecting a skeleton key. It is placed over my heart. This one is a direct response to a tattoo my exwife had. She had a heart shaped lock over her heart. We came up with the ideas together so we could have matching tattoos without have each others names. Obviously at the time we were very in love and wanted something that always connected us. I still like it. I think I might get it touched up soon, maybe have some color added into it.

I have a few other tattoos planned, but I haven't gotten around to getting them. Some I've had planned for nearly 6 years.

I want my left arm to be a sleeve that is based around the ocean and its creatures.
    I've got it planned to go from a ship on stormy seas at the top all the way down to an angler fish in the dark near my wrist. This one is all about how connected I feel to the ocean and being in the water.

On my right stomach/chest/upper thigh I want a crow or raven sitting on a sword that is stabbed into my upper thigh. In some mythologies ravens are directly connected with the realm of death (I'm a bit of a folklore nerd). I want the sword to have "For Those Lost" etched into it and maybe a pair of blank dog tags hanging down from the handle. I haven't lost a lot of friends in my time in the military, but I've still lost some. This one is partly for them.

I also want a quote tattoo. It would go below my dragon and by in typewriter script. The problem is there are too many good things to be said and I don't want to overdo word tattoos.

BUT! If I were to get a tattoo to represent me and where I am in my life right now. I've actually already thought about this and have come down to two ideas that are nearly the same. Either a nose or a paw print from my dogs. I'd get one on each calf.

<PaperStar> live fast, die young, bad plefs do it well

Blog Entries

I'm going to get a tattoo soon, it's going to be a pirate ship. Soon!
    Creativity is certainly about not being constrained by rules or accepting the restrictions that society places on us. Of course the more people break the rules, the more likely they are to be perceived as ‘mentally ill’

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

I probably would never get a tattoo, it's never something I've really considered and my interests have changed at several points over the years. I can't really think of anything I'd like to have permanently marked on my skin. Maybe the year my Grandad was born and the year he died.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

I'd get a tattoo of Windurst's nation crest if didn't make me look like an ultra-environmentalist.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    I'd get a tattoo of Windurst's nation crest if didn't make me look like an ultra-environmentalist.
    Man, you hippie. I'd get it anyways, if you like it.