Thread: Why the FFXV Bro-trip Might Not be Such a Bad Thing

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Crisis Core was good gameplay-wise. The story was insanely bad, but I heard Tabata wasn't actually a fan of FFVII, so I think maybe he was just lashing out there

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

That's what i've heard too.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I'm a fan of Crisis Core, but not Type-0. Apparently this goes against the natural flow of fans so *shrug* I should probably give Type-0 another go someday, once the world opened up I just kind of lost my groove.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
    On my commutes to work, I've started playing FFX-2 on my Vita which is obviously an all-female cast. I don't know what level of criticism this received on release but I've thoroughly enjoyed it so far! Dresspheres for the win!
    Hypocrisy is pretty bad. X-2 doesn't bashed for having an all female playable cast nearly to the extent that FFXV does have for an all male cast.

On topic: While FFXV is bound to have its share of issues, I do hope everybody can find something to take away from it in a positive light. It's going to be a ride for me to say the least.
    "I'm seeing it clearer/Hating the picture in the mirror/They claim we inferior/So why the f**k these devils fear ya?/I'm watching my nation die genocide the cause/Expect a blood bath/The aftermath is y'alls/I told ya last album, we need help cause we dying/Give us a chance, help us advance cause we trying/Ignore my whole plea, watching us in disgust/And then they beg when my guns bust/They don't give a f**k about us" 2pac ft. Outlawz- "They Don't Give a F**k About Us"

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

It's only hypocrisy if you ignore the actual points

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by FinalxxSin View Post
    Hypocrisy is pretty bad. X-2 doesn't bashed for having an all female playable cast nearly to the extent that FFXV does have for an all male cast.

On topic: While FFXV is bound to have its share of issues, I do hope everybody can find something to take away from it in a positive light. It's going to be a ride for me to say the least.
    It does. So much so that in the remaster they have made it so you can have dudes in the party.

FFX-2 was also a sequel featuring readily established characters (well, except Paine!) and not a main numbered title.

FFX-2 has a trio of main male characters, the Shinra staff are all male, the villain is male, two of the mini villains are male. So yes, while your main party is all women, the gender split for the whole game is very much 50/50. Probably actually works out that there are less women in it than dudes...

FFXV has....... 4 female characters that are part of the story.

Last edited by Night Fury; 11-28-2016 at 07:24 AM.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Five, I think. There's Luna, Cindy, Iris, Gentiana, and Aranea.

Honestly, though, there's not that many male characters either. Aside from Noctis's gang, there's Cor and like four named imperials. Of course, that's not counting people who die in Kingsglaive, but if we count those, then we also count Crowe.

It feels like the proportion is actually similar to that of most games in the series, but there's just not that many named characters overall and amid all this controversy the fact that there are few females is just made that much more prominent.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

The deal is of course that lots of males is common, while lots of females is very uncommon in these sorts of games. Cutting them entirely out of the playable party just accentuates the situation.

Then of course the misrepresentation of comparing a main game to a spinoff. I'm also dying to see whether FF15 has a hot spring scene with the four main dudes, by the way.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yeah, that's the worst thing. You know that X-2 wasn't an all-female party in order to push some feminist agenda - it was purely for fanseruvce.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    It's only hypocrisy if you ignore the actual points
    The point that a good number of younger people are quick to complain about things that wasn't harmful in the past nor present? I don't care if a cast is all female or male. The structure of a cast both main and support is irrelevant to me. What matters is execution.

Quote Originally Posted by Night Fury View Post
    not a main numbered title.
    I fully disagree.
    "I'm seeing it clearer/Hating the picture in the mirror/They claim we inferior/So why the f**k these devils fear ya?/I'm watching my nation die genocide the cause/Expect a blood bath/The aftermath is y'alls/I told ya last album, we need help cause we dying/Give us a chance, help us advance cause we trying/Ignore my whole plea, watching us in disgust/And then they beg when my guns bust/They don't give a f**k about us" 2pac ft. Outlawz- "They Don't Give a F**k About Us"