Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alternative names for "Elixir" (and possibly "Megalixir")?

Friendship *is* magic. MJN SEIFER's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Alternative names for "Elixir" (and possibly "Megalixir")?

I have my own RPG planned (don't expect it to be out anytime soon) and while it does take inspiration from Final Fantasy some of the general RPG item names will be different.

While there will be an Elixir-equivalent, I'm hoping to use something else for that one (especially as there will also be a Megalixir-equivalent, and that would be too close to Final Fantasy), but I'm having a hard time thinking of one, so I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions? I'm hoping that this will help me think of the Megalixir-equivalent as well, unless linking the two is also "too close" to Final Fantasy.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Some kind of variation on Tonic?

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Nectar is a common alternative.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Grog.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Nectar is a really good one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

I love to make RPG's too, and trying to figure out names for things may be one of the hardest parts of it.

I used a generic Rejuvenation Necture for the name.

edit: You can also use different colours of herbs with each colour having different effects.

Blog Entries

Thank you for the replies so far, I am leaning towards "Nectar" at the moment (though "Necture" is also good).

To Shauna and Jinx: Would you like to be credited if I go with Nectar (same question for FFNut if I go with Necture?)

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Nah, don't worry about that.

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

They call them Soma in the MegaTen verse.

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

I don't need to be credited. What program are you using to make your game? I have had a few projects I worked on and may be able to help with some of the stuff such as a crafting system things like that. Good luck with it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FFNut View Post
    What program are you using to make your game? I have had a few projects I worked on and may be able to help with some of the stuff such as a crafting system things like that. Good luck with it.
    At the moment, I am not using a program - I am merely in the planning stages, basically writing down items as I think of them.

If you have any suggestions of good programs to use (especially if they allow you to include as many of your own designs as possible and can have a "modern" look to their locations like Final Fantasy VII and Final Fantasy VIII) then please don't hesitate to say. Thank you for offering to help, I will definitely keep you in mind and contact you when I am actually in the process of creating it. Thank you, it is deeply appreciated.

Side Note: The names have been selected, so there is a chance that an admin may close this this thread, since it has served its purpose, so we may have to continue in PMs.

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by MJN SEIFER View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FFNut View Post
    What program are you using to make your game? I have had a few projects I worked on and may be able to help with some of the stuff such as a crafting system things like that. Good luck with it.
    At the moment, I am not using a program - I am merely in the planning stages, basically writing down items as I think of them.

If you have any suggestions of good programs to use (especially if they allow you to include as many of your own designs as possible and can have a "modern" look to their locations like Final Fantasy VII and Final Fantasy VIII) then please don't hesitate to say. Thank you for offering to help, I will definitely keep you in mind and contact you when I am actually in the process of creating it. Thank you, it is deeply appreciated.

Side Note: The names have been selected, so there is a chance that an admin may close this this thread, since it has served its purpose, so we may have to continue in PMs.

What I use is the basic RPG maker MV, then I add plugins and mods to my liking. Ya the planning stages are the fun part. Putting in damage formulas is the tough part. Getting balance for area's is extreamly tough. Also getting places to be open, yet sill closed so your game doesn't just break is a tough thing to do too.

Banned

I am tempted to suggest the name "Coconut Oil";
    that product is actually considered a "superfood" in real life, and seems to be great for almost anything.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Superfoods don't exist in real life.

Anyway, i wouldn't be too worried about using item names that also exist in final fantasy. Lots of games use the word "elixir", and it was a thing even before games became a thing.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?