Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Alternative names for "Elixir" (and possibly "Megalixir")?

Friendship *is* magic. MJN SEIFER's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Peter1986 View Post
    I am tempted to suggest the name "Coconut Oil";
    that product is actually considered a "superfood" in real life, and seems to be great for almost anything.
    I might actually use "Coconut Oil" for one of my items, but I don't know what it will be for yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    Superfoods don't exist in real life.

Anyway, i wouldn't be too worried about using item names that also exist in final fantasy. Lots of games use the word "elixir", and it was a thing even before games became a thing.
    Thanks, the main problem is that their will be another item, that will have a name that is based on the previous one, so while I won't have a "Megalixir", I do still a name which is based on "Elixir", if "Elixir" is used, so if I don't use "Elixir", then I don't get too close to Final Fantasy by having the next item be named after a play on "Better than an elixir", but at the same time I want to kind of show what inspired me.

There's already an aspect in the storyline that is close to Final Fantasy VII anyway... two aspects, actually.

Thanks for the advice, I will consider it.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Maybe instead try and develop something original that you can use as a part of world building? Make it a precious resource or commodity, perhaps?