Thread: Your Name

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

Default Your Name

So has anyone else seen this anime? It's been a huge hit in Japan this year and just got a limited cinema release in the UK. I saw it today and it's really good, very funny in places and looks stunning.
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

Quote Originally Posted by charliepanayi View Post
    So has anyone else seen this anime? It's been a huge hit in Japan this year and just got a limited cinema release in the UK. I saw it today and it's really good, very funny in places and looks stunning.
    Yup! Really wonderful movie and I look forward to getting the blu ray. It was really funny in places and hard hitting in others. The entire screening burst into applause when the credits rolled. I can see why it's performing so well and breaking so many records. I read it's currently the 6th highest grossing film of all time in Japan, going above Princess Mononoke.

I think America still has to wait a little while before their theatrical release though, which is kind of odd.

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

We tried to go see it the other day when it was out in Cineworld, but it was sold out. We went home and watched Summer Wars instead. xD

Quote Originally Posted by Shauna View Post
    We tried to go see it the other day when it was out in Cineworld, but it was sold out. We went home and watched Summer Wars instead. xD
    Well it's not quite as good as Summer Wars (a film that manages to make a card game thrilling) but hope you get to see it at some point.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

what's it about?
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

It's a story about a girl and a boy who wake up sometimes to find they have mysteriously swapped bodies. They have to learn to communicate and live each others lives, and then there's an additional mystery that needs to be solved.

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

unless you're asking about SUMMER WARS which is about summer vacation + mmo's + facebook + hacking + ai + family + math

i really liked summer wars

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Finally got round to seeing it!

Absolutely worth the wait. It was a beautiful movie in content and in visual design.

Quote Originally Posted by Shauna View Post
    Finally got round to seeing it!

Absolutely worth the wait. It was a beautiful movie in content and in visual design.
    I had to go listen to all the songs again when this thread popped back up! How did you like Taki and Mitsuha?

I really wanna watch it again but it's hard to find screenings near me anymore. I'm eager for the blu ray to come out but it's still doing so well at the box office they're suggesting there won't be a home release until October at the earliest!

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Spykus Hallideus (Cerberus)

Seen it twice looking to go see it a third time. What a beautiful piece of work it is!!

LET THE HAMMER FALL

I think they've announced an April release date in the US

They have indeed. I still can't believe it hasn't been to US theaters yet. When does the UK ever get anything first that doesn't involve completely collapsing it's economy?