Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Site Design
    • Forum Design

ichigo

Quote Originally Posted by Vivi22 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Big D View Post
    or when it was suggested that Cid might be a woman this time.
    I have no issue with a female Cid. But as someone who has been known to work on a car or two here and there, I find her choice of work attire not only unusual, but probably a little bit dangerous as well. Just shows a general lack of concern for on the job safety.
    Yeah, and aside from the fact that it makes no sense as work attire, it also just doesn't suit her personality. She's not overtly sexual or even flirty. She's a completely average girl who is your friendly mechanic, but a) she is wearing the second most sexual outfit in the game and b) even for a video game model, her boobs somehow look fake. It's gratuitous.

Kind of vague, but might be a general spoiler, so I'm hiding it.
    There are few notable female characters and none of them are relevant for very long, but nearly all of them were designed as ogling material...it's frustrating and bizarre.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Honestly, playing VII now and Tifa's design bothers me so much for the very same reason - it's totally at odds with her personality. It's not exactly something new to XV.

Strawberry Virus Recognized Member Marshall Banana's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Site Design
    • Forum Design

ichigo

It is way more gratuitous and obvious/bothersome in FFXV, mostly because of my spoiler point, which is not true in FFVII.

Tifa's design never bothered me, personally. It's definitely silly, but the cartoonish graphics of FFVII detract from it. By the time she was portrayed more realistically (Advent Children, Kingdom Hearts), she had a new outfit. She would probably look almost as ridiculous as Cindy if Tifa was wearing her original outfit in AC. Her cowgirl outfit in Crisis Core reminds me more of Cindy's, to be honest...

Also, I'm not really opposed to or offended by characters that are just there for eye candy, though, as long as that sort of thing is kept to a minimum. Otherwise, it starts to feel weird.

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

I dunno guys. I work on vehicles for a living, and deep-v shirts combined with daisy dukes are all I wear.