Thread: Final Dungeon - Warp out to keep the Masamune?

Nom nom nom Final Dungeon - Warp out to keep the Masamune?

Hi all,

I am wondering if it is worth it to warp out of the final dungeon to save while having the Masamune. The EoFF walkthrough reccomends it so that you can play later with it, but I am playing the PS version so, there are no bonus dungeons, right? I will not be playing around the world after I beat it ( I will just replay it in a couple years from the start, unlike FFVI which I go back to to work on getting every monster in Gau's repetoire).

So, opinions? Is there some reason I am missing to save with the sword and come back through the Temple of Chaos?
    "If I were a man, I would eat his heart in the marketplace." - Much Ado About Nothing

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I usually don't. There's nothing extra to do after Chaos. You could die during his fight, which means you'll have to take the detour to get it again, but warping out means clearing all the floors before that one again anyway. Down to personal preference, really.

Boco

Thank you, theundeadhero, I am super obsessive about getting all the things and doing all the things every playthrough, so it was stressing me out. I would have been annoyed if there was something I was missing about this. Much relief! And on to Chaos!
    "If I were a man, I would eat his heart in the marketplace." - Much Ado About Nothing