Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Replaying this

Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    This is still way more cohesive and digestible than the mind-numbing KH stupid huge materia stuff.
    What are you talking about?

I still don't get what you mean. What's wrong with the huge materia?

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Don't get him started...

Quote Originally Posted by Shauna View Post
    Don't get him started...
    Apologize.
    ღმერთის შვილი შეეხო და მითხრა, რომ ანგელოზთა ფეხები მომეხია.

Quote Originally Posted by Shauna View Post
    Don't get him started...
    No I'm genuinely curious about this.

Friendship *is* magic. MJN SEIFER's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Honestly, the story isn't that confusing and what I meant by cohesiveness was more the narrative structure than the plot itself. It's executed much better than VII's which had all the fun stuff on disc 1 and then went really weird on disc 2, while discs one, two, and three of FFVIII have a much more clean structure.
    I'm not sure what you mean about Final Fantasy VII going weird on disc two, could you explain.

I'm glad you noticed that the Orphanage stuff on Final Fantasy VIII was subtly foreshadowed. A lot of people here miss that, and I keep saying that it was foreshadowed (though I haven't done so for a while). If it had been more obvious foreshadowing in it would have looked really bad in my opinion.

yeah, it was foreshadowed, unfortunately if Square had been more obvious about it they still would have caught flack for beating you over the head with it...

Blog Entries

In experience, Final Fantasy VII and the huge materia was bit of an overwhelm. Also drawing, junctioning etc was a little overboard too. In VII the huge materia offered every spell, or command, or summon with just one materia for each color. In VIII however, you could overload your characters with GFs or take hours to where everyone has two or three GFs at a time. So both games had an easy trade materia or junctions between characters. Hope you have fun in Final Fantasy VIII to the original poster and all else who get to play this.
    Marcus
    "No cloud, no squall shall hinder us!" - FF9

Games completed - 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10, 10-2, 12, 13, 13-2, 13-3 Tactics, Tactics Advanced, Crisis Core, Dirge of Cerberus, KH, KH2, And played 11.