Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011

Thread: Let's share our first (spoiler free!) impressions!

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

I discovered chocobo racing :3

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Finally got some time in today.

Pros

• Okay, the Cup of Noodles Quest was a bit better than I expected, mainly because it felt a bit fourth wall breaking, like the characters seriously seem to be overreacting to Cup of Noodles because they know they are being paid to care.
    • Finally obtained the last two Royal Arms, so I feel much better about finishing the game.
    • After what felt like a lifetime, I finally saw the Leviathan and Shiva summons and they did not disappoint.
    • The final Techs for the party are also quite impressive and powerful enough to justify using up the whole tech bar.
    • I finally discovered the Hunter's HQ.
    • Freya reminded me that there was Chocobo Racing!
    • I saved a baby Black Chocobo!
    • The Samurai monster class is probably my favorite group of enemies in the game.
    • Holy crap an actual dragon!
    • After listening to it more, I really love the soundtrack to Brotherhood.
    • I just unlocked my favorite filter for Prompto's camera, Black & White.

Cons

• Tried Wait mode finally and can say I'm not impress.
    • I seem to be missing one of the components needed to make the Regalia fly.
    • I also discovered that there are several Tool/Machinery weapons in the game but I seem to have only obtained two of them. Apparently most of Edgar's tools are represented in the game.
    • I've reached my first moment of trying to grind for materials so Cid can upgrade my gear, and it's a bit jarring at the moment so I may save it for post game.
    • Ramuh seriously needs to stop hogging all the Astral glory, I get it man, you always get the shaft in the summon appearance department but would it kill you to let the others show up more often?
    • Is it me, or does the Regalia MP3 player seem to really love the Dissidia OST the most.?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Man, I hardly ever get Ramuh. xD Different playstyles, I guess!
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    Man, I hardly ever get Ramuh. xD Different playstyles, I guess!
    Ramuh makes up about 95% of what I see when I summon, Titan makes up 3% and everyone else is the last 2%.

Okay, so I finished the game tonight and I'll post my final thoughts in the other thread but here's my last "first impressions" post since the final impression will probably be more comprehensive and not just my first reaction.

Pros

• Got the Ultima Blade finally and the Hammer Key Item is hilarious.
    • Got to do the Haunted Portrait Quest and it did not disappoint.
    • Love the King Behemoth's new design.
    • I had this totally random moment in the game where I got attacked by Daemons at night and a cutscene jumped in and showed (SPOILER)Aranea appearing, who then proceeded to help me fight the battle, which was unexpected and totally super special awesome.
    • I've come to the conclusion that this game has so many secrets and Easter eggs that it may be years before fans uncover everything and that it awesome.
    • Love how the advertising logos in Insomnia are named after various FF related things like Nanaki and Bank of Spira.
    • Despite the long ass dredgery of Chapter 13, I mostly enjoyed Chapter 14 and the ending sequence.
    • The battle with Ifrit was pretty intense and I loved how it ends.
    • I am so happy that I was right (SPOILER) and your pictures are used as a slide show in the ending credits
    • I found the ending rather moving, especially the bit after the first set of credits when (SPOILER)the game flashbacks to Noctis talking to the guys before they go retake the city and he starts to break down cause he knows he'll miss his crew

Cons

• While not a complete joke like some final bosses in the series *cough*KefkaSephirothBraska'sAeon*cough* the final boss fight was pretty easy, largely cause it was more interactive cutscene than battle. I had a tougher battle with the King Behemoth and that Lv. 71 mecha bug thing than either of the bosses of the final area.
    • I'm a bit split on this, but I was a bit disappointed to find that Insomnia was rather short and straightforward.
    • While I mostly enjoyed the ending I would have liked to see (SPOILER) whether Prompto, Ignis, and Gladio survived to see daybreak and perhaps some reaction shots from the rest of the cast to see dawn after ten years. Though this isn't a huge deal and I still liked the ending. also what was up with the very last sequence where the logo element appears? I know it's meant to be happy but it's kind of macabre when you think about it.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Really glad you enjoyed it, Wolf! I hope you mess around a bit afterwards as well, because the postgame experience in this one is far better than any other FF I've played. There's so much to do. I think t's actually the first time I've maxed out all my characters at L99 and I still have so much I haven't tried yet. I beat the L120 superboss (thanks to excessive use of curatives) and I caught the toughest fish, but I still have a lot of dungeons to check out in particular. Some weapons to get, too.

I summon Ramuh the most often. I also get Leviathan a lot. Don't see Shiva too often, but she's shown up a few times. I HAVE NEVER SUMMONED TITAN. I just figured he couldn't be summoned... but after reading this thread... >
    Lamia's Tiara- Headgear in FFIX
    Lamia's Flute- Weapon for Eiko in FFIX
    Lamia in FFV- a enemy
    appearance: a lady with long brown hair, wearing a tiara...half woman and half snake.
    Lamia in FF3j- A Harp
    Lamia in FFL2- An enemy
    FF2j Queen Lamia, at one point she even gets Frionel in a bedroom with her and jumps on the bed and says "take me!".. before she turns into her snakey self. She serves as a mini boss in this game (as Queen Lamia).. and after you fight her as a mini boss, regular lamia's become random foes and later on in the game, Queen Lamia's become random foes as well.
    LamiaScl. an item that paralyzes foes.
    According to legend, she was once a Libyan queen (or princess) who fell in love with Zeus. Zeus' jealous wife Hera deformed her into a monster and murdered their offspring. She also made Lamia unable to close her eyes, so that she couldn't find any rest from the obsessing image of her dead children. When Zeus saw what had be done to Lamia, he felt pity for her and gave his former lover a gift: she could remove her eyes, and then put them on again. This way, though sleepless, she could rest from her misfortune. Lamia envied other the other mothers and took her vengeance by stealing their children and devouring them.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Shiva and Leviathan are my most common. I've seen Ramuh twice and Titan once, I think.