Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Let's share our first (spoiler free!) impressions!

Lol, now if that wouldn't be a bug. Imagine Ignis not taking anything seriously.

about 6 hours in and finally leaving Hammerhead Station south toward the beach to make a delivery for Cindy, to a rest-stop... so far i'm really loving it, maybe later we'll see if it really fits on my favorites list with VII, VIII, X, & XIII, early impressions feel like it will though... my only complaint is the lack of monsters and stuff to fight during the day, you really have to go out looking for a fight, what happened to that monster whistle that was supposed to be in that massive 2 day long patch?..

Quote Originally Posted by Elly View Post
    about 6 hours in and finally leaving Hammerhead Station south toward the beach to make a delivery for Cindy, to a rest-stop... so far i'm really loving it, maybe later we'll see if it really fits on my favorites list with VII, VIII, X, & XIII, early impressions feel like it will though... my only complaint is the lack of monsters and stuff to fight during the day, you really have to go out looking for a fight, what happened to that monster whistle that was supposed to be in that massive 2 day long patch?..
    The whistle does exist.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
    Lol, now if that wouldn't be a bug. Imagine Ignis not taking anything seriously.
    "I know how important reclaiming your throne is to you, Noct, but I've decided to quit lying to myself. I was born to dance. I wish you all the best."

*leaves party and becomes the greatest dancer in all of Eos and brings harmony to the world*

The whistle does exist.
    i guess that's a Dungeonmaster way of saying i will get it later, lol...

The whistle does exist.
    i guess that's a Dungeonmaster way of saying i will get it later, lol...
    Indeed. I mean I can hardly tell you when. Or how.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Started last night after finishing off another game, not bad so far.

Pros:
    • I actually enjoy a bit of the banter the characters have, gives a good idea of how the characters feel about each other.
    • Combat is pretty good so far, really loving the party techs and how they make the rest of the cast a bit more playable.
    • Holy crap! an interactive scene! Just stirred some soup but it's been years since an FF did something like this.
    • The skill tree system is pretty nice and I like that it deals with more than just combat as well.
    • Choosing Prompto's photos is a pretty neat.
    • Despite all of the controversy surrounding her, I really like Cindy.
    • I love the 16-bit sprite version of the party members.
    • Clothing customization? Hell yeah.
    • Elemancy is pretty cool, brings back memories of drawing magic in VIII. What it lacks in variety it makes up for in power.
    • Dialogue options? With benefits/consequences? Yes please.

Cons:
    • Kind of feel the opening could have been done better, it would have been so much cooler if it hadn't already been spoiled.
    • I agree with some others, if you hadn't watched Brotherhood or Kingsglaive, you'll feel a bit loss on who is who, and what's going on.
    • I know we're going for an Americana feel for the first section but the accents are killing me.
    • Seen a few graphical glitches.
    • Great, one of my beefs from XIII is back. Why is the font so tiny? SE needs to stop assuming I'm playing this in a movie theater.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I don't be get why y'all are hatin' on those Southern accents so much They're really nice to listen to! I had a whole BA thesis written about them!

Wonder how many who complained about magic realize that you can actually even fuse items with it. It is Materia Fusion all over again. And a pretty powerful one.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    I don't be get why y'all are hatin' on those Southern accents so much They're really nice to listen to! I had a whole BA thesis written about them!
    It's different when you're not far from the region they are trying to emulate. I'm sure if they were using Polish dialect but the game's setting was obviously West Germany, you would be a bit put off too. I mean the southern dialect is more on the Texas side of things, but even people in Texas don't really have accents that thick throughout the state.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

But they've do in rural areas. And Hammerhead isn't exactly a metropolis.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    But they've do in rural areas. And Hammerhead isn't exactly a metropolis.
    Nor do they do so in every rural area.

i'm from Tx and not taking offense at the accents, actually squeed with joy when i heard Cindy speak, yeah it's super thick but it really exists around here... the way they use "y'all, varmints, critters, ect..." is just spot on, i love it, they're speakin' my dialect in Hammerhead...