Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Proudest Gaming Moments

Default Proudest Gaming Moments

What are some of your guys' proudest video game moments?

Mine would probably be beating Ocarina of Time when I was nine years old. I'll always remember the day I beat it. I was pretty ecstatic. I don't know if I'll ever be able to top that.

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

Mine would be defeating Kefka for the first time in FFVI. After a year of flying around looking for everything I decided it was time and took him down.

Finding all all endings for Chrono Trigger. This was my replacement for FFVI and like VI I never put it down until I thought I found everything. It was in the days before walkthroughs, and found out about multiple ending in Nintendo Power and was convinced to see them all.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I've mentioned this before but I achieved 100% completion of The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past in 3 hours 45 mins.

Defeating Ultimecia in a hard mod for Final Fantasy VIII. 2,000,000 HP spread across 4 fights. It was not easy.

When I finished my solo white mage/wizard run of FF1 on the NES comes to mind, as does my low-level natural-magic run of FF6. Both took fooooorever, but were super satisfying. I still have my FF6 save file.

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

mirror's edge platinum

Articles
    Blog Entries

Just today I managed to beat Hecatia and Raiko.

This means I have now beaten the Normal difficulty story modes and Extra stages of Touhous 6, 7, 8, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 and 15. In other words, all Windows Touhou games besides the rather strange Touhou 9 which plays very differently from other instalments in the series.

I feel pretty accomplished!

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Finding an ending for Chrono Trigger not mentioned in the official guide book.

Figuring out most of FFVI without a guide.

Beating Zelda II earlier this year. Hell finishing any NES game generally feels like an accomplishment.

Beating Yiazmat without the Zodiark Spear and being only in the 70s in terms of levels.

Beating SFII Turbo Edition with every character and seeing every ending including the ones on the highest difficulty.

Once upon a time, my Mad Skillz on Dance Dance Revolution

Articles
    Blog Entries

Playing any game on a difficulty harder than 'easy' or 'normal'. I really panic when things get ugly and my character(s) are falling or losing health. Occasionally, there'll be a game that I'm actually good enough to play on the harder difficulties, that is an achievement. So far, I can play DMC: Devil May Cry, Most Dynasty Warriors games, The World Ends With You, and maybe a few others I've missed. It is satisfying starting a new game, and instead of defaulting to the lower difficulties, going up for an upgrade.

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

At the moment playing Uncharted waters 2 New Horizons and am close to obtaining a player challenge of world domination! Never have done that yet.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

Beating Solstice on the NES as a kid without a guide. I wish people knew how difficult that was!

Str8 Pimpin'

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

I know I've definitely mentioned this before but I don't know if anything will ever top the time I beat Deus Ex (the original) without killing a single bad guy (except for one or two that were required for the plot). It was prod and tranquilizers and stealth the whole way through, baby.

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

Biggest accomplishment in gaming, not just games now that I think of it may also be getting nominated and winning a Ciddie for the first time in Summer 2015

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Galina Astrum (Ragnarok)

When I defeated ffvi. It was my first game that required some smarts. And wasnt easy.
    beating dark souls. With 2 people in #eoff "helping me" by making me go to a giantdad build. But I proved them out by beatingbthe game and other tough things. Like getting uncursed in new londo with starting hp. It was fun because I never even knew they were making it harder on me till afterward.

finally. Beating that nunchuk dude in ninja gaiden for the Xbox. That guy was the bane of my childhood. He was like THE boss. Time and time me my bro and nephewvtryed that boss. Failed everytime. But our big bro was a badass and kicked him down easily. Well now I could prolly do it too. But not when I was 8 or 9 lol. But one time I beat him by luck. Never have since. It was a awesome moment. Never dis first bosses. They may be the next nunchuck dude