Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Spoiler and Final Impressions Thread

Do you think there is a chance they get the licenses to bring in songs like Eyes on Me, Melodies of Life, Suteki da Ne and Kimi ga iru kara?

I mean, of cours eit is a matter of money but I would rather know how probable you think it is that this happens.

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

So I think it's pretty much a certainty that the DLCs will explore what happens when the 3 bros weren't in the party. I just switched to the PS4 Digital Deluxe theme, instead of the Big Bang Amano art, which cycles through the promo images for the DLC Episodes.

Episode Ignis shows the ruins of Altissia.

Episode Prompto shows the frozen wastes outside Gralea.

Episode Gladio shows him on his own in some ruins fighting a golem.

(Also, incidentally, decided to watch through some of the older trailers since Tabata took over. So much stuff in them isn't in the final game. Also stuff he said in interviews about Luna joining the party and will fight alongside the brothers for a while. Just really adds to my sense that they cut stuff from Chapter 8 onward due to running out of time.)

As long as the story is shown to be extended, I do not mind. It can destroy my main complaint easily then.

If they extend the story via DLC I'm not sure whether to get it in order to try and fix my concerns or not got it because smurf them if they want me to buy DLC to get an acceptable plot out of a Final Fantasy game. Though I doubt they even could fix my problems with DLC, the bros were never my concern, it was the goings on with Ardyn, Luna and the Empire that are my problems. Unless they release a DLC called "Literally Half the Cutscenes We Planned for the Game Including the Stuff Cut From E3 2013" then I'm probably not gonna bite.

Do you think there is a chance they get the licenses to bring in songs like Eyes on Me, Melodies of Life, Suteki da Ne

Surely they have the license to these already, they were all written in house and they're regularly performed at Square Enix concerts.

and Kimi ga iru kara?

You mean "My Hands," right? :P

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post

You mean "My Hands," right? :P
    Sure, if you want a Coca Cola commercial-esque song. But I want Kimi ga iru kara.

As reviewers noted, the story in this game is it's weakest aspect. It's a complete joke. The current writers at Square needs to learn the basics of story telling.

For starters let's just stick to the extremely obvious.

- DO NOT hack off the beginning of your game, and make a movie out of it.

- DO NOT cut out your game's character development and make an anime out of it.

- DO NOT gloss over major events. Show instead of tell. Not seeing (SPOILER)Ignis go blind was ridiculous. You are just supposed to accept that it happened off screen. WTF?

This should all be frickin obvious. I have no idea why getting basic story telling down is so hard for Square Enix. This isn't hard people.

Score: 0 out of 2 Dignified Pauper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    EDIT: I remember that Lestallum line. And I think it's reasonable to put that kind of stuff in. I think it's good to have "real" situations, even negative ones. A great example is how much I loved that people were racist against my character's race in FFXI. Meanwhile in FFXIV, the races barely acknowledge anything about each other at all. Hell, I barely know my own culture. I think this is kind of idealistic and sugar coated. It's not nice, but racism is a thing in the world. Sexism is too. The fact that the females are the only ones who work in the factory at Lestallum is another example of sexism, as Psy mentioned. Why? Why not? It's an interesting little tidbit but they don't expand on it enough. I'm not sure it would help them out at all if they did, though, because people will always lose their trout over things like that.
    I'd agree with you, if they didn't treat every other female character like garbage or as if they were unimportant/served one purpose.

Having finally beaten the game... I dunno. I don't really understand this story at all.

Ardyn - First king of Lucis, responsible for holding demons inside him, becomes bitter, blah blah blah.

Ending: Noct is either dead with everyone else, and marries luna in some afterlife, I guess?

Nothing makes sense to this story at all. The most touching moments are the connections the bros make on their BroadTrip, and those are all super endearing moments, but the plot narrative on why they go on this trip at all is just a complete and utter mess.

Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

After trying to explore Insomnia a bit more, I do wish the vocal version of Somnus played throughout, instead of being interrupted by the battle music for fights. I was so giddy when I first got to Insomnia and the vocal version kicked in.

Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

Also for those who enjoy the music, watch the Credits on the Title Screen. It uses completely different tracks to the ones used at the End Credits after beating the game.

An excerpt of the main scenario of Final Fantasy XV:

1. Aranea Highwind is shown in the background of a scene where some men are talking.
    2. Noctis & company stealthily infiltrate an imperial base. Getting spotted results in a game over. After this sequence, the base is put on full alert and all security systems are confronted and destroyed on the group’s way out.
    3. Aranea Highwind tries to kill Noctis because she’s a mercenary hired by the empire on some sort of contractual basis. She is not contractually obligated to do more than fight for a little bit, so she leaves.
    4. The prince of the world has only one option available to him to travel internationally, a broken boat. The boat can not possibly be fixed without some of the rarest and most precious metal in the land, mythril.
    5. Wielding weapons crafted from mythril which the group purchased from a gas station weapon truck in the preceding days, the group sets off in search of the legendary ore which is said to be laying on the floor of a distant dungeon, guarded by a mythical beast.
    6. Gladiolus leaves the party because he has an unknown task to attend to that is more important than his royal duty.
    7. Aranea Highwind joins the party in their search for mythril ore and departs thereafter.
    8. Before setting sail, Noctis decides to put on a space suit and slay some demons that have gotten into a power plant and are causing some trouble.
    9. Gladiolus has also decided to slay the demons in the power plant, and is also wearing a space suit.
    10. After the power plant is cleared, Noctis & Gladiolus remove their space suits.

Oh. My. God.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...-being-patched

So, basically... this game wasn't finished. Not by a long way.

Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

So my gut feeling I've been banging on about in multiple threads, about certain parts being rushed, was spot-on. Well, at least these updates are being released for free!

EDIT: AFAIK they're also planning to add a New Game+ mode in a future free update too.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Honestly, this is a good thing and only goes to show how much Tabata cares about the fans. People have complained about too few story scenes, so there you go, we're adding some, completely for free.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I think "Not by a long way" is exaggerating. xD But yeah, I'm glad we'll be getting some additional content for free, and even more so that they are addressing concerns raised by fans across the world instead of just ignoring them.

Really looking forward to being able to have important characters added to my party. Does this mean I can have Iris and Aranea together in my party? Oh man I hope so.

I'm not sure how they could work in Luna as a playable character but I'm interested to see if they do, and how she would compare with the other guest party members.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Considering the game we got, I guess it's good that they're trying to make some improvements? But I don't recall seeing an 'Early Access' label when I bought the game. I went in expecting a complete story, and frankly I've never been more disappointed by a game. There's no undoing that experience. And now I'm going to have to experience the game again just on the off chance that the patches make it good.

One of two things has happened: either they always planned this story content but released the game too early, in which case smurf Square Enix for rushing it out, or they've only just decided to make it after reading feedback, in which case I don't trust their creative competence.

I think "Not by a long way" is exaggerating.

I don't. I never thought I'd miss XIII, but here we are.