Thread: Let Sleeping Mountains Lie - Quest & Character Spoilers

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Default Let Sleeping Mountains Lie - Quest & Character Spoilers

SPOILER ALERT DETAIL: In this sidequest, apparently 14 characters are possible to have gathered together to give you items. I'm trying to figure out who the two that I'm missing were. This will therefore include the names of people involved in this quest and characters who *might* turn up in the quest, and that means spoilers relating to what happens to certain characters up to and including very near the end of the game. I suggest finishing the game before reading this thread.

SPOILERS FOLLOW

I'm really curious about this. Here's who I have...

- Coctura
    - Vyv
    - Navyth
    - Sania
    - Cid
    - Iris
    - Holly
    - Talcott
    - Dino
    - Takka

With a note on the tables from Wiz, and Dave standing at the door. So I guess that's my 12. Trying to guess who the others could be...

- Cidney? I'm pretty sure I've done every one of her sidequests, so not sure what else I could do to trigger her coming along. She gives the quest out too so it'd be a bit non-standard if she turned up that far away from the garage after telling me to go check it out myself.
    - Aranea, Biggs, Wedge? No sidequests for them that I know of, so I'm guessing not.
    - Jared? That could be accurate. He isn't in attendance for me but I'm in chapter 15 so that would explain his absence.
    - Monica? Perhaps if you do enough hunts or something?
    - Dustin? I don't even know who Dustin is to be honest. xD He's at Caern though so I guess he's someone.
    - Shop keepers that give out quests in Lestallum? Doubtful, but you never know. I think I've done all their sidequests though.
    - Randolph? This could be right, I've only just started his quest recently.

My best guesses would be Monica, Randolph or Jared. Jared makes a lot of sense. Randolph too for me because I've not done his quests. Hunts I've not done TOO much of so yeah, hard to say for that end if Monica ends up being relevant to them in the long run. Perhaps you can only get 13 total, and there are 14 possible characters and it just happens that you can't have both of the two that I'm missing.

EDIT: And immediately after posting this I found out it can't be Monica as she is mentioned in the following dialogue as the next go-to person for this quest. So I'm gonna guess Randolph and Jared. But then, I don't know if those two can exist at the same time in the game so... D:
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Hey I'm stuck with this as well, however I do have 13/14 and can help you with one you're missing. You are missing Kimya, she is the old lady who lives in a shack selling potions by the entrance of the Malmalam Thicket dungeon. I believe I interacted with her doing the final quest for Dave finding dog tags. I can't think of any other time I interacted with her so I'm guessing that's what she's at the diner.

As for the 14th person we are both missing, I have no idea. I'm pretty sure I've done everything in the game to get whoever it is there, but I guess not. I have saves in Chapter 8 before Altissa that I'm going over to see if there is anyone who will talk to me lol If not I'll go through my Altissa save and look there, I haven't completely explored there and perhaps someone makes the trip over?

I found the 14th person! It's Ezma, the old lady in the rocking chair in Meldacio Hunter HQ who gives you the Menace Beneath Lucis side quest after you beat all the dungeons in the game. You would have to speak with her before you talk to Cindy and start the Let Sleeping Mountains Lie quest. Yay

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Ahhhh, cheers mate! Very helpful.

But talking to Cidney automatically starts the quest, and if you don't talk to Cidney, you can't get your car customized. If I want Ezma at the Sleeping Mountains quest, do I have to avoid installing any car parts at all until I've beat the game AND complete most of the dungeons first?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Unfortunately that seems to be the case. However, I'm unsure if starting the quest locks which characters will appear, or if you talking with Dave does.

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    Unfortunately that seems to be the case. However, I'm unsure if starting the quest locks which characters will appear, or if you talking with Dave does.
    Is there an easy way for me to check which is the case?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Wait until you're about to unlock the requirement for one of them, save your game, talk to Cindy first to open up the quest, then do what is required to unlock the character you wish to check, then go and talk to Dave (ie, continue on the quest) and see if the character is there.

It seems this is probably only really worth doing with the two characters that Adam mentioned in his posts, they seem to have more clearly defined requirements to trigger them being involved.

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

Got to this part yesterday and was missing the two characters mentioned. Reloaded to before speaking to Cindy and went about doing all of Dave's quests. In the middle of this, Ignis glitched out and crashed the car so now it's going at a snail's pace. And I can't repair my car without starting the quest. Getting anywhere I can't fast travel is torture. -_-

FFXIV Character

Arianna Harkness (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Rantz View Post
    Got to this part yesterday and was missing the two characters mentioned. Reloaded to before speaking to Cindy and went about doing all of Dave's quests. In the middle of this, Ignis glitched out and crashed the car so now it's going at a snail's pace. And I can't repair my car without starting the quest. Getting anywhere I can't fast travel is torture. -_-
    Do you think it's possible to travel to the past, fix the car there, then carry on?

Edit, nvm, that sounded stupid, it's been a minute since I played. There's got to be some way around that.

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Chibi Youkai View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rantz View Post
    Do you think it's possible to travel to the past, fix the car there, then carry on?

Edit, nvm, that sounded stupid, it's been a minute since I played. There's got to be some way around that.
    I ended up just powering through it, haha.