Thread: Your Introduction to the Online FF Fandom

Default Your Introduction to the Online FF Fandom

(not sure where this goes)

I remember back when I first played and finished FFVII, I was beyond hyped. I had also just gotten access to this magical thing called the Internet. Seeing as I was so desperately in love with VII and its characters/story, I was highly intrigued by this thing called "fanfiction." At the time I didn't know that was what it was called, I just found some random sites dedicated to FFVII and they had writings on them that said they would continue the story. I was instantly hooked because it was more of what I loved. (oh for the days before Advent Children)

I remember a couple stories. One had Rufus and Tifa dating and having sex whilesome Shinra grunts stood outside and listened. I can't recall WHY Rufus and Tifa were together but ya know.
    The other had Sephiroth and Aerith getting married. Why? Again, it escapes me but this one at least is interesting and I still like to think of AUs where the two are romantically involved. Do you recall the first fanfiction you ever stumbled around relating to the franchise?

I miss the days when I was just Googling for random "shrines" to FFVII. Remember those tiny sites that we used to go to instead of just hitting up the FF Wiki or whatever?

Up until very very recently, whenever I started typing 'eyesonff' into my address bar, it would default to this page instead of the forum, as long before I signed up here I was doing an FFXII playthrough and needed information on the magicks.

I also remember writing some FFIX fanfiction, which was fairly well received by those who commented but obviously looking back now I consider it trash. It was a short series of 'Tantalus Tales' highlighting some of Zidane's adventures with his crew before the events of FFIX.