Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Name a game or game series you hated but everyone else loved

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

I wonder if that's why I hate Secret of Mana. Every review people give for it was I loved playing with my brother/best friend in the battles. I always attempted it solo. The music is good, but I just never had love for the game itself. Going to attempt it again next year though.

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

yeah secret of mana is great with two people
    with one person it's kind of boring

Quote Originally Posted by Scruffington View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    I had the same issue with Xillia 2 to a lesser extent. It did some nice things mechanically and it was nice to see Milla and Jude again. What really infuriated me was how Ludger had a really interesting story but then they ruined it by making him a silent protagonist!

Same issue but even more so? Xenoblade Chronicles X. Probably my biggest letdown of the past 5 years other than FFXV. Just so much worse than the original Xenoblade Chronicles in every way (once again, Silent Protagonists are the worst​).
    Is Xenoblade Chronicles X really that bad? A guy I knew really enjoyed it. He played both X and the original. I haven't played either, but I've listened to some of the soundtrack of X and really liked it.

Hopefully they port X or both games to the Switch. I'll definitely give them a try.
    Its not the X was bad, it's that it was fundamentally a different experience. The first game was a focus on characters and their interactions, a grand story, exploration, and a tightly focuses single player experience.

X dropped a lot of it's focus on story in favor of including many more online aspects, and as a result you didn't get the more unique characters (In or out of battle, class determins abilites) and a lot of MMO type things started creeping in.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Anything by Bethesda. Skyrim, Fallout etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Scruffington View Post
    I can't think of too many examples of this. The only game I can think of is Tales of Xillia 2. I loved the first one, and thought the sequel was a huge letdown. Couldn't even make it 5 hours in. Which is weird because a lot of people seemed to like that game.
    Tales of Xillia 2 made me miserable, because I just couldn't get in to it which is SUCH a SHAME because it is a beautiful game to look at! Even though I felt like I was in familiar territory, I just couldn't connect with the story at all. I makes so sad that I couldn't because it has great ratings!

I can't get in to any of the Zelda games. I bought Ocarina of Time for the 3DS so I could try to experience the joy that gives angels their wings, but I just don't see it. It isn't a BAD game. I just think the controls are poop or maybe I'm just poop at using them. Either way - poop.

FFVII
    The Metal Gear series
    Phoenix Wright series
    Call of Duty
    Just about any new Mario game that isn't Cart of Smash

Some Text Here.

New game to add to my list - Final Fantasy XV

Quote Originally Posted by Squall Leonhart Loire View Post
    New game to add to my list - Final Fantasy XV
    I don't think too many people love FFXV. It has a lot of great aspects, and I look forward to playing through the story DLCs, but I think the universal opinion is that it's a really disappointing game.

Pull my Devil Trigger!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

That's actually very inaccurate. xD FFXV has been given better ratings than XII and XIII, and is generally regarded as a good, successful game. I can think of 2-3 people who disagree, but yeah. It certainly won't please everyone.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

I'm pretty certain the FF mainline series has had very divisive views since at least FFVII. That's not going to change anytime soon.
    "I'm seeing it clearer/Hating the picture in the mirror/They claim we inferior/So why the f**k these devils fear ya?/I'm watching my nation die genocide the cause/Expect a blood bath/The aftermath is y'alls/I told ya last album, we need help cause we dying/Give us a chance, help us advance cause we trying/Ignore my whole plea, watching us in disgust/And then they beg when my guns bust/They don't give a f**k about us" 2pac ft. Outlawz- "They Don't Give a F**k About Us"