Thread: Who had the best voice in the game?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Default Who had the best voice in the game?

Firstly, I want to say that this is probably the first Final Fantasy where I liked every character I met. A huge amount of whether I like characters in modern games comes down to the voice acting. So for this to have so many well voiced characters, even the random NPCs... I'm really happy with the work that was put in.

I'm putting down some spoiler tags but honestly they're pretty mild spoilers imho, so click away unless you're only just starting the game and want to be kept in suspense for everything.

For me, Aranea and Ardyn win big time. Aranea's opening line (SPOILER)where she purrs out "Hello pretty boy..." won me over from the get-go. Her voice is insanely lovely to listen to. Ardyn , on the other hand, was at times difficult to listen to for all the right reasons. He really captured the villain voice, and the scene in the train where he's all 'woah, are you really doing this, what the crap dude' was just fantastic for his voice acting alone. He has this kind of... curve to his voice that really works as a mysterious enemy who keeps helping you and leaving you wondering why.

Cid, Cindy and Iris gets honourable mentions, and of the main gang of guys I found that I liked them all well enough. I was kind of put off by Ignis but he grew on me to the point that I loved waiting for that moment when he'd declare that he's COME UP WITH A NEW RECUPPEHHHHHH.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

FYI, Aranea is voiced by the same woman who did Ashe in FFXII and Ovelia in FFT

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Wow, really? Ashe sounds so incredibly different in my memory (although I still thought she had a good voice, just not amazing like Aranea). Good range.

EDIT: There was voice acting in FFT? For some reason I don't remember this during the portion I played through. Only got to some waterfall scene though.

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

Ardyn. Darin de Paul did an amazing job as him. His vocal range is so great considering he also voices Reinhardt in Overwatch.

I wasn't super enamoured with any of the character's voices... although I think that's mostly a question of writing than performance. I enjoyed Ardyn and Ignis's performances quite a lot, but their choice of words often grated on me. You could tell there was a brief with those characters to 'make them posh' which didn't really work in the way it did with FFXII.

Aranea was quite good. At least, she had her moments. (SPOILER)I wasn't keen when we were fighting and she was saying "Hello pretty boy..." but I did like her a lot in the mythril dungeon

The Weapons Vendor in the train station near the quarry.

Holy crap, dat baritone.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Aulayna View Post
    Ardyn. Darin de Paul did an amazing job as him. His vocal range is so great considering he also voices Reinhardt in Overwatch.
    And Glad is Junkrat lmao.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by Kappy View Post
    The Weapons Vendor in the train station near the quarry.

Holy crap, dat baritone.
    xD I'm tempted to go there just to check this out after reading this.

Did anyone else keep thinking Ardyn was voiced by Jeremy Irons?