ressupehhhh*
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Ignis' voice just reminds me of Matt Berry in Garth Marenghi's Darkplace

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

For me, I think I like the dynamics of the music more than the individual pieces themselves. Like how the Chocobo theme is bouncy and enrgetic when you're running but if you start walking it becomes a nice simple piccolo theme. I also like how the battle theme is different depending on what you are fighting, so the theme is different if you're fighting imperial troops over common monsters, or random daemons versus Mark Hunt battles. I feel FFXV's dynamic use of its music is easily its greatest strength.

With that said, I'm not exactly coming away from the game humming the melody of a particular song and the action-RPG nature of the game makes it difficult to focus and appreciate the battle themes since you're kind of more focused on not getting mauled to death. So it's been fairly hard for me to really appreciate the music of the game. I think the only pieces that stick to me have been the small town themes and Chocobo themes but both are done in a style of music I'm not terribly fond of so I'm not really feeling the OST of this one.

On the other hand, the other Prelude theme in the game is seriously nice.

The soundtrack is a huge downgrade from XIII. That's not to say it's bad. There are a few themes that are incredible (Cleigne battle theme, Ravus Aeterna).

My issue is that not a lot of the pieces really stand out in-game. The music all just kind of blends together, and isn't really memorable. To be fair, this does kind of fit the whole "car ride adventure" theme the game has going for it. Unfortunately that just doesn't translate to a good Final Fantasy game.

I could listen to practically any theme from XIII and tell you exactly what it is and when it was used. No way I can say the same for XV.

Pull my Devil Trigger!

The soundtrack is fire. I can't really give enough props to Ms. Yoko with FFXV.
    "I'm seeing it clearer/Hating the picture in the mirror/They claim we inferior/So why the f**k these devils fear ya?/I'm watching my nation die genocide the cause/Expect a blood bath/The aftermath is y'alls/I told ya last album, we need help cause we dying/Give us a chance, help us advance cause we trying/Ignore my whole plea, watching us in disgust/And then they beg when my guns bust/They don't give a f**k about us" 2pac ft. Outlawz- "They Don't Give a F**k About Us"

i gotta say, the Cleigne Battle Theme might become my favourite FF battle theme.

In fact, all of the battle themes are absolutely brilliant.

I thought the track 'Somnus' was incredible - with and without the vocals

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMBRBXe7Qro