Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Name a game that is excellent that many don't know about.

Quote Originally Posted by Vermachtnis View Post
    My obligatory Septerra Core post.
    That game was smurfing awesome, despite a few.... minor bugs.

Also Brigandine: Legend of Forsena is among my favorite SRPGs.

Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Bowser's Inside Story is the best Mario RPG in existence. And yet all people ever talk about seems to be Legend of the Seven Stars, which honestly isn't even that good.
    I haven't played Inside Story, but for me its competition would be Thousand Year Door.

I'll add Mega Man Battle Network 3. This series often gets overlooked entirely (a Mega Man RPG? lol). But until MMBN4 killed everything good about it, it was actually a really fun and well done bunch of games, with the third entry being the best.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Way of the Samurai. If you want a cool choose your own adventure style game where what you choose to do actually affects things dramatically and it's short enough to replay many times over, this is the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Vivi22 View Post
    Way of the Samurai. If you want a cool choose your own adventure style game where what you choose to do actually affects things dramatically and it's short enough to replay many times over, this is the game.
    Always wanted to try that but never did. Is that for PS2?

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Pete for President View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Vivi22 View Post
    Always wanted to try that but never did. Is that for PS2?
    Yup. Worth checking out. If memory serves I imagine it's a bit rough around the edges by today's standards but what wasn't in the early PS2 days.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

It's for several consoles. There are four games in the series. 3 and 4 are on PS3. I have WotS 3, but I haven't finished it cause i got stuck and forgot where to go next.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

To be clear I'm referring specifically to the first one which you'll only find on PS2 outside of Japan. Played a bit of 2 which kind of scaled the size of the world you're in up quite a bit and I felt it was kind of too much for me to get into. The size of the first game just worked for me. Never played the others.

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door is the best Mario RPG in existence. And yet all people ever talk about seems to be Legend of the Seven Stars, which honestly isn't even that good.
    FTFY.

Pull my Devil Trigger!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

*sigh* That's the problem. Everyone keeps talking about Paper Mario while Bowser's Inside Story remains forgotten. That's why I mention it in this thread.

Bulletstorm imo is a slept on title.
    "I'm seeing it clearer/Hating the picture in the mirror/They claim we inferior/So why the f**k these devils fear ya?/I'm watching my nation die genocide the cause/Expect a blood bath/The aftermath is y'alls/I told ya last album, we need help cause we dying/Give us a chance, help us advance cause we trying/Ignore my whole plea, watching us in disgust/And then they beg when my guns bust/They don't give a f**k about us" 2pac ft. Outlawz- "They Don't Give a F**k About Us"

*sigh* That's the problem. Everyone keeps talking about Paper Mario while Bowser's Inside Story remains forgotten. That's why I mention it in this thread.
    I've played Bowser's Inside Story. While a good game, TTYD is still the king of Mario RPGs imo. Then again I haven't fully played through SMRPG myself yet.

Pull my Devil Trigger!

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I was just reminded of this series recently due to the old development team thinking about rebooting the series on cell phone (along with the Wild Arms series) but that would be the original Arc the Lad series. Not necessarily the best Tactical-RPG series but one that has enough character and spunk to keep you interested.

I couldn't get into the first one, but despite it's flaws I do enjoy 'Arc the Lad: Twilight of the Spirits'. I'll get around to 2 and 3 one day.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by NeoCracker View Post
    I couldn't get into the first one, but despite it's flaws I do enjoy 'Arc the Lad: Twilight of the Spirits'. I'll get around to 2 and 3 one day.
    The very first game is a bit nboring but thankfully really short (like ten hours) but it's really Arc the Lad 2 where the game seriously picks up, but it works best if you've played the first one cause it sets up everything in the sequel.