Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Name a game that is excellent that many don't know about.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

This is always tough because it's hard for me to tell what people do and do not know about. Do people know of Radiant Historia? That's a great game.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

As far as Non-FF or SMT RPG's go I think it's one of the more popular ones to come along in recent years.

THUMPER is my GOTY.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    My obligatory Shadow Hearts post.
    Jinx. Omg. I might be in LOVE with you! NO ONE every knows what Shadow Hearts is, but I loooooooved those games so much! Well, I loved Shadow Hearts 1 and 2 and Koudelka (Halley's Mom). I didn't play New World. I thought Karen was just awesome in the second game though! Her and Yuri were such a good pair to watch befriend one another. (Sorry, Alice, you were cool too.) By far, my favorite thing was to curl up and read the monster indexes for all the baddies. So much depth!

Any of the Shin Megami Tensei games, but that's definitely improving!

Disgaea - the ANY of them! I mean, I thought the name would be more common when Disgaea showed up on PC, but I haven't heard the name come up any more frequently.

I remember really, really liking the Wild Arms series when I was younger, but I haven't touched those in ages so I don't know if they held up over time.

Some Text Here.

Banned

Have you ever heard about the game "Summer Carnival '92: Recca" for the Famicom?
    Probably not, since it was originally only released in Japan.
    Anyway, this game is super-intense for an 8-bit game, there are enemies everywhere and even the first stage is a major test of your reflexes.
    Here is a video demonstration of the gameplay in this game - prepared to be overwhelmed:

Also, just to make sense of the name:
    "Summer Carnival '92" refers to a gaming competition that was held in 1992, and "Recca" is the Japanese word for "conflagration" or "raging fire", which sums up this whole game pretty well.
    Last edited by Peter1986; 12-15-2016 at 06:57 PM.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by BreakfastGrilledCheese View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    My obligatory Shadow Hearts post.
    Jinx. Omg. I might be in LOVE with you! NO ONE every knows what Shadow Hearts is, but I loooooooved those games so much! Well, I loved Shadow Hearts 1 and 2 and Koudelka (Halley's Mom). I didn't play New World. I thought Karen was just awesome in the second game though! Her and Yuri were such a good pair to watch befriend one another. (Sorry, Alice, you were cool too.) By far, my favorite thing was to curl up and read the monster indexes for all the baddies. So much depth!

Any of the Shin Megami Tensei games, but that's definitely improving!

Disgaea - the ANY of them! I mean, I thought the name would be more common when Disgaea showed up on PC, but I haven't heard the name come up any more frequently.

I remember really, really liking the Wild Arms series when I was younger, but I haven't touched those in ages so I don't know if they held up over time.
    I would have played all the shadow hearts games if my PS2 didn't constantly lock up trying to play the pirated game i have.

i have played all but the most recent disgaea games, and i am actually playing through WA alter code f these days, which is the PS2 remake of the first game.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?