Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default This character though

We need another thread like this! Which characters in games do you absolutely adore and why? What game are they from?

Quote Originally Posted by Pumpkin View Post
    We need another thread like this! Which characters in games do you absolutely adore and why? What game are they from?

Rita Mordio is the best. She's super smart, incredibly funny, just a little bit of a tsudere, and Michelle Ruff absolutely nails the English performance. She is from Tales of Vesperia and her character archetype (young genius) is one that the Tales Of series is very familiar with (Genus and Pascal also fall into this category). Rita Mordio is the best example of it.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Junpei Iori is just the best. Not because he has all the traits of a likeable human being, because he doesn't. He's just such a fresh take on the "your best friend" archetype in a game just due to how layered he is. He's the easy-going class clown who is also incredibly lazy and underperforming, but he's also very proud and ambitious, even when he tries to disguise it with nonchalance. He actually gets hurt when he always comes up as second best, and though he comes to resent the main protagonist because of it for some time, he later grows to become a more composed person who's much more at ease with who he is and learns that he can just let go some things. One of the reasons I like the P3 cast so much more is that they feel just so much more like relatable people with actual internal conflicts that are not rooted in your typical anime melodrama.

Plus, his completely platonic friendship with the female protagonist is just the most adorable thing I've ever seen.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Tali Zorah is my wife forever.

Articles

Can confirm. Rita is legit mai waifu.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I can think of plenty, like Kyousuke from Little Busters and Bernkastel, Lambdadelta, Erika and Dlanor from Umineko... but let's go with someone else.

Nagito Komaeda from Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair.

Danganronpa for the most part is simple entertainment for me. Going through the daily life phases and solving murder cases with incredibly hammy trials is just so much fun. Both the pinnacle of this and also the sole hint that Danganronpa could be something so much more comes in the form of Nagito Komaeda, your best friend and sidekick in Danganronpa 2.

Anyone who's played the first game will probably immediately notice the same thing about him. The look, the voice actor, the ultimate talent... it's obvious, really. But Danganronpa likes playing with your expectations, and this is where Nagito shines. A lot. He is what single-handedly made Danganronpa 2 into the enjoyable experience it was for me. He manages to be simultaneously an incredibly interesting character and also the kind of character who puts a smile on my face with literally every line of his. I think the best way I can think to describe him is like this: He's an Umineko character in Danganronpa.

And that's awesome.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Soup Dude from Wall Market.

Fragaria addict Recognized Member Momiji's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Karifean View Post
    I can think of plenty, like Kyousuke from Little Busters and Bernkastel, Lambdadelta, Erika and Dlanor from Umineko... but let's go with someone else.

Nagito Komaeda from Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair.

Danganronpa for the most part is simple entertainment for me. Going through the daily life phases and solving murder cases with incredibly hammy trials is just so much fun. Both the pinnacle of this and also the sole hint that Danganronpa could be something so much more comes in the form of Nagito Komaeda, your best friend and sidekick in Danganronpa 2.

Anyone who's played the first game will probably immediately notice the same thing about him. The look, the voice actor, the ultimate talent... it's obvious, really. But Danganronpa likes playing with your expectations, and this is where Nagito shines. A lot. He is what single-handedly made Danganronpa 2 into the enjoyable experience it was for me. He manages to be simultaneously an incredibly interesting character and also the kind of character who puts a smile on my face with literally every line of his. I think the best way I can think to describe him is like this: He's an Umineko character in Danganronpa.

And that's awesome.

I feel very much the same way about Chiaki from the same game! I love her to pieces. (SPOILER)I can't help but hate Komaeda a bit even though I like him, because it's his fault that she was manipulated into killing him, thus causing her to get executed as well >

I also feel much the same about Chihiro from the first game as well. I relate to him in so many ways that it's hard to not feel connected with the character-- anxiety, insecurity, and struggle dealing with society's expectations of you vs. how you feel you should be are all things I can relate to, even if it's not in precisely the same ways.

Fox! YES! Rita is AMAZING! She was such a reliable genius and was a great counter to one of my favorite characters, Estelle.

Fynn, Junpei is another great example of an excellent character! He was so flawed at times and really made me mad as a player at his attitude, but I think that's just a reflection of how good the writing was in that game. He really sparked emotion from me as a player. Plus, he's just freakin adorable.

tumblr_n6884l7DK71tyuin7o4_500.png
    My favorite character has to be Yuri from Tales of Vesperia. He's one of the first RPG characters I've come across that sees things in grey and isn't afraid to carry on the title of a vigilante without some kind of compromising moral dilemma hitting him over the head all the time. He does what he thinks is right. He's also cocky and sarcastic - two very attractive qualities to me!

D1PSP_Flonne.png
    It was so hard not to put Estelle down (also from Tales of Vesperia), but the first character with the naive / heart of gold that I fell in love with was Flonne from Disgaea. She's got a positive attitude and always tries to do the right thing! She's also a little bit of a ditz. I know some people find those kinds of characters annoying, but I really relate with them. They get stuck in the Lawful Good state of mind, but they're willing to step out of their comfort zones and challenge their way of thinking!

Some Text Here.

Fragaria addict Recognized Member Momiji's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Junpei is a very interesting character to me. I though he was excessively obnoxious in the The Journey to the point of not liking him at all, but he grows so much as a character that I just couldn't dislike him in the end-- and in The Answer, he was by far one of my favorite characters.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

All the ones that people hate, to the point that I'm legit scared of putting any in this thread.

It isn't safe if you say that Cait Sith is your favorite character.

Some Text Here.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by BreakfastGrilledCheese View Post
    It isn't safe if you say that Cait Sith is your favorite character.

Cait Sith is cool because he's intentionally terrible. Now, Yuffie on the other hand...

We need another thread now. This one was meant to be all positive and stuff!