Thread: ARGH!

Default ARGH!

Did I encounter yet another glitch??

When I was in battle, an enemy used the drain/psych attack on me. I am sure it took off some hp. But my actual hp did not go down - I was still on full health. Even though I am sure some hp was taken off during the attack!

Has this happened to anyone else?

(snes version)

Krankzinnigheid ligt dich Colonel Angus's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Sometimes drain/psych just doesn't work. I'm not sure what the formula for the spell is (I'm sure it involves the magic stat), but I've seen it happen in a few FF games.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Angus View Post
    Sometimes drain/psych just doesn't work. I'm not sure what the formula for the spell is (I'm sure it involves the magic stat), but I've seen it happen in a few FF games.
    Even if it says some hp got taken off, but the actual hp didn't decrease?

I know sometimes it says 0, but I'm not referring to that, I mean, it said, for example, 15, and yet 15 didn't go down on my hp.

Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Are you sure it didn't drain your MP instead?
    I'm not sure. It is early on in the game, I can't remember the enemy, it wasn't a tinymage though

Wait a second...
    http://www.cavesofnarshe.com/ff4/w_m...ell=psx::Psych

"Spell Description
    Drains MP from one target and heals the caster for the same amount."

Hopefully this is what happened.

The spell was definitely named psych too

I'm sorry about all my glitch posts. I know I must annoy people with it. The truth is, I suffer from severe OCD and have aspergers too and mental health problems in general, and I get like this a lot with computer games. I always think the games are glitching/breaking on me and giving me an unfair advantage. So far I've posted paranoid glitch threads about FFVIII, IX, X-2, V, and now IV. I am sorry.

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

No worries. Try not to worry to much about the games either. They are man made and are imperfect. As a amuture game designer I can tell you that though you test things repeatedly, it's hard to test in every situation where something will be used so it sometimes will get past no matter how many times you try.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yeah, don't you worry This is why the forum is here in the first place - so you can ask questions!

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

It's all good dude, though I should warn you that playing any version of FFIV that isn't the DS version or made after it is going to have you deal with a very buggy game. Early ATB was a still a work in progress and it glitched all the damn time in the early installments, though the inability to see the ATB gauge certainly hid this fact from many. It does have a bad tendency to skip enemy turns, or give certain characters and enemies faster turns. Certain spells also just don't work the way they are suppose to. IV is like the third buggiest game in the series behind VI and VII.