Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fox Plays Hyperdimension Neptunia

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Fox Plays Hyperdimension Neptunia

Now playing: Hyperdimension Neptunia: ReBirth

For my first attempt at a 'Let's Play' article on EoFF, I decided to go with a series I have heard a lot about but know basically nothing about. So what is Hyperdimension Neptunia about? Well the story goes that in the land of Gamindustri, there are four nations each ruled by a video game console anthropomorphised into a cute girl. Honestly I'm not sure why I haven't played this yet THEY ARE ALL SO CUTE LOOK AT THEM MY HEART CAN'T TAK---

So the four console girls are fighting against each other for some reason in a 'Console War'. What is this war about? What is at stake? Which video game console is your waifu? These questions and more are what we shall endeavour to answer over the course of this series!

With my body ready, it's time to begin! Step 1: buy the first game in the series from Steam:

Uh oh.

This is the first half of page 1.

It goes on for 4 pages.

...BRB GOOGLING

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~INTERMISSION~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Alright, we're back! Leaving out spin-offs for now, it looks like I have 4 games in the primary series to get through:

1. Hyperdimension Neptunia: ReBirth
    2. Hyperdimension Neptunia: ReBirth 2
    3. Hyperdimension Neptunia: ReBirth 3
    4. Megadimension Neptunia VII

...Megadimension Neptunia VII? WHAT KIND OF NAMING CONVENTION IS THIS OHMIG-

But it looks like the first one is Hyperdimension Neptunia: Rebirth, which is a remake of the original Neptunia game from 2010. I'm in! Let's take a look at the Steam Store page:

Fast paced, turn based combat? 4th wall breaking? Trope demolishing? And just look at those beautiful assets! I'm practically salivating already!

TUNE IN NEXT TIME WHERE WE BEGIN THE GAME AND MEET OUT PROSPECTIVE CONSOLE WAIFU FOR THE VERY FIRST TIME!
    Last edited by Fox; 12-16-2016 at 12:44 AM.