Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Angry THAT character though!

Which character in any game just drives you crazy with their terribleness?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Merrill From Dragon Age 2. I hate her.

Vaan.PNG
    This guy. The only thing I remember him contributing to the story was his story with Reks. Otherwise, he wasn't a very good leader. I get that they were going for something different, but I like feeling reliable and competent at least half way through my RPG.

Untitled-1.jpg
    WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY!!!!!??? No redeeming factors. EVER. HATE. LOAAAATHE.

Y4c110h.png
    WHOAH! DUDE. What? Lolz. Chili dogs. - Ok. So, I liked him in the beginning. When he had nothing to say. His spin attacks did the talking for him. Then slowly, ever so slowly or really not slowly at all, he just became an arsehole of a character! I mean, I haven't played anything past Sonic and Knuckles (unless that 3D Blast game came after that, but that was a good game!) but I've seen enough clips and have watched Egoraptor tackle enough SANICK games to last me a life time.

EDIT: Oh wow, Pumpkin. I had never thought about Kid before. I remember thinking she was the coolest the first time I played the game, but when I replayed it two years ago I was pretty put off by her. (And kind of in love with Harle) Good pick!

Some Text Here.

Marta_Status_(DotNW).jpg

Marta from Tales of Symphonia 2. I could not stand her throughout the whole entire story. She was mean and selfish and she was always bullying the main character.

Micaiah.png

Micaiah from Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn. It drives me nuts how she insists that Ike invaded her country and ruined it, when in reality it was her country that invaded his first and he was only fighting to defend his homeland.

Articles
    Blog Entries

The most useless of Umineko's useless rabbits, Chiester 45. It's too bad since 410 was actually a little entertaining and I like what the Chiesters are, fundamentally, but that doesn't make them likeable or interesting and I run out of positive arguments fast when it comes to 45. Hell 556 is a better character than her and we never see her alive.

Characters of a similar nature, like Ronove and Dlanor for instance, are usually really awesome and likable. Only the Chiesters are the unfortunate exception. Though really I think what makes them stand out is that they're the 3 meh characters in Umineko's cast of around 50 stellar characters

Man, Star Ocean 4 really has a lot to answer for.

Outside of his terrible introduction to the Party I kind of like Sten.

But I give you Yoohoo. God she annoyed me. The only thing I liked about her character is if you went for her ending in the original Devil Survivor, the World ends. You know, exactly the thing you were told would happen but she insisted on doing anyway.

And she never stopped complaining. I mean I don't like Yukari because of how catty and passive aggressive she constantly was, but dear god they ramped it up for Yoohoo.

And I may be one of the few people to stand up for Shion here. I think they took a very unique direction with her. A lot of times in video games you'll see people grow stronger after dealing with what the story throws at them, but in reality a lot of people end up like she did.

As life keeps raining more and more trout on her head, she doesn't become a nice person as a result of that, in stark contrast you start to see that part of Shion die off. She goes through a change that you don't see protagonists go through in a story, and yet it's a perfectly natural and understandable thing that could happen. In it's own way I think the story of Shion as a character is rather fascinating.

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

Squall

Vincent

Hanzo

Hibari (she's been getting better though)

Yagyuu (she's been getting worse)

S-Sha (The S stands for Square)

Yukari

Marie

CFW Trick

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by NeoCracker View Post

Outside of his terrible introduction to the Party I kind of like Sten.
    Stenpretty much got on my trout list for both being kind of annoying and his stupid quest where you had to use him. Didn't use Sten up until that point? Well it sucks to be you. I also just found him a mediocre party member, being the master of none character who can do a bit of everything but nothing well. His saving grace is the Shaman system.

But I give you Yoohoo. God she annoyed me. The only thing I liked about her character is if you went for her ending in the original Devil Survivor, the World ends. You know, exactly the thing you were told would happen but she insisted on doing anyway.

And she never stopped complaining. I mean I don't like Yukari because of how catty and passive aggressive she constantly was, but dear god they ramped it up for Yoohoo.
    Yuzu pretty much ruined Devil Survivor for me, hell the main reason I didn't take one of the neutral options for once in this game was solely because I learned she leaves your group if you go Law or Chaos and I went out of my way to get on their paths after that point. Keisuke is the other character I despise from the game and I did make sure to "forget" to show up and save him from himself just because he was such a self-righteous asshole about everything.

And I may be one of the few people to stand up for Shion here. I think they took a very unique direction with her. A lot of times in video games you'll see people grow stronger after dealing with what the story throws at them, but in reality a lot of people end up like she did.

As life keeps raining more and more trout on her head, she doesn't become a nice person as a result of that, in stark contrast you start to see that part of Shion die off. She goes through a change that you don't see protagonists go through in a story, and yet it's a perfectly natural and understandable thing that could happen. In it's own way I think the story of Shion as a character is rather fascinating.
    I would agree that Shion was a unique character in her portrayal but she has such smurfed up priorities that it makes going through the trilogy very difficult. I mean there is like a dozen moments in each entry where she jeopardizes everything to save the wrong people. I mean KOS-MOS is built up as a god-killing machine, but Shion treats her like a new born babe; and I get the emotional sentiment and the whole reincarnated heavy lesbian undertones of their background, but my god dear, you've built this machine to fight an eldritch horror and you're acting like an over-protective soccer mom. Get your trout together and stop endangering everyone else's lives because you don't trust KOS-MOS to do the things you built her to do. It just gets on my nerves, yes she had a horrible life and I get they were trying to show the good, bad, and ugly of her, but I feel her bad traits shined through way better than her very few good traits.