Thread: Do you know any Tolkien games that are similar to the Final Fantasy games?

Banned

Default Do you know any Tolkien games that are similar to the Final Fantasy games?

I am not very familiar at all with all the Tolkien games out there, but most of them seem to be MMORPGs or something.
    However, I am more interested in some games that are more similar to games like for example Final Fantasy 10;
    in other words, you start out in your hometown or whatever, and then you go on a journey and fight enemies and bosses on the way, and make it to some final destination.
    I can definitely imagine a game like that based on maybe The Hobbit;
    some background story in the beginning, then maybe buy equipment somewhere in Hobbiton, then you travel over beautiful landscapes and fight occasional enemies while you travel to the next destination, then maybe a boss fight against the trolls in the forest or something (lol), and so on.

It would of course also be a major plus if the developers had spent some time on making the landscapes as beautiful as possible, with forests, flower fields, bridges leading over rivers and so on.
    I remember "The Legend Of Zelda - Twilight Princess" did a very good job with this in many places.
    Last edited by Peter1986; 12-17-2016 at 04:07 PM.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

The Third Age for PS2! I love that game! You play what's essentially a second fellowship following after the Fellowship and you interact and help them at places like Helm's Deep, Gondor...it's SO MUCH FUN.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    The Third Age for PS2! I love that game! You play what's essentially a second fellowship following after the Fellowship and you interact and help them at places like Helm's Deep, Gondor...it's SO MUCH FUN.
    Yeah that game was a FFX rip off. So much so that EA reached out to various FF sites including EoFF and invited members in to come play it, and so we actually sent someone along (TheAbominatrix for those who remember!) to get an early look.

It wasn't bad as a game though! They aimed for FFX and they got it. Story was a bit trout though.

Banned

Awesome, thanks for the tip, looks cool.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I actually quite liked the story, personally!

But that besides, it's a LOT of fun. I hope you enjoy it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.