Thread: Netflix - The Crown

Default Netflix - The Crown

Has anybody watched this show? I finished it before starting 3% and I really - and I mean really - loved it. Even though I'm generally not a fan of this kind of shows I have to admit that it was masterful. Aside from the production values, which were insanely high, the actors also did such a good job. Jonh Lithgow and Vanessa Kirby, among the others, gave an outstanding performance. Also I was very involved into each and every episode, which may seem kind of a paradox given what the show tried to portray, and that is just another sign of how good it is.
    FF games played so far: FFIV; FFVI; FFVII; FFX; FFX-2; FFXII; FFTA; FFXIII Trilogy

Currently playing: Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories (PS3)

Favourite FF games: FFVI; FFXII

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

It was alright. Margaret was the only likeable character; all the others were absolutely unbearable. Then you remember they're based on real people and that just ruined it for me.

The costumes though <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Really?
    I thought the characters were great. They felt like very compelling and I liked how they deveolped throughout the series. As an example, I really appreciated Elizabeth's conflict between her duties as Queen and the affection for her sister.
    Elizabeth's husband was soooo annoying though. Like, every scene with him was a pain to watch.
    FF games played so far: FFIV; FFVI; FFVII; FFX; FFX-2; FFXII; FFTA; FFXIII Trilogy

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

i like it so far but only 2 eps in

very carefully made you can tell
    attention to detail is quite intense

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

It's weird seeing people talk about the current reigning monarch of Britain in this way. That she is compelling as a character. So weird.

Quote Originally Posted by krissy View Post
    i like it so far but only 2 eps in

very carefully made you can tell
    attention to detail is quite intense
    It only gets better imo. The production is just so good: the costumes, the buildings, the furnishings. You can tell that tehy did things thoughtfully

Quote Originally Posted by Shauna View Post
    It's weird seeing people talk about the current reigning monarch of Britain in this way. That she is compelling as a character. So weird.
    I see where you're coming from.
    But it's still a series so even if it's based on real people it makes sense to analyze things like character development.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I loved it. I adore ponderous, thoughtfully paced and sort of quiet shows and movies. And this was just delightful. It was also very beautiful to look at, and I thought the acting was phenomenal. It was such a luxurious wonderful show to dip into.

Quote Originally Posted by Miriel View Post
    I loved it. I adore ponderous, thoughtfully paced and sort of quiet shows and movies. And this was just delightful. It was also very beautiful to look at, and I thought the acting was phenomenal. It was such a luxurious wonderful show to dip into.
    Couldn't agree more. Too bad we need to wait probably November 2017 for season 2...