Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First Full Look at Dragon Quest XI Gameplay

But will the Switch version switch between the old style sprites or the newer models depending on whether it's in console or handheld mode?

Free-range Human Recognized Member Lawr's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

The graphics always look great in DQ but then I'm always reminded about how much of a grindfest these games are just to go up one level. I wish they came with a zen mode or something.
    placeholder_text.jpeg

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Fynn and I can tell you it doesn't take all that long just to go up one level. I only played V and VIII, but in neither it felt that long.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yeah, beat I to VII and played a bit of VIII in the past and they're really not that grindy. Of course, grindier than FF, but still not as demanding as other RPGs out there

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Yeah, beat I to VII and played a bit of VIII in the past and they're really not that grindy. Of course, grindier than FF, but still not as demanding as other RPGs out there
    Depends on the version actually. Most of the remakes tone down the grind, but the originals were kind of guilty of it. If it wasn't XP that was in short demand then it was usually Gold. Either way, it always seemed like you were under-leveled or under-equipped.

Free-range Human Recognized Member Lawr's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I am staring at my physical copy of Dragon Warrior VII right now, and I vividly remember clocking hours of gameplay and only just beating that fire element Easter Island statue boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Depends on the version actually. Most of the remakes tone down the grind, but the originals were kind of guilty of it. If it wasn't XP that was in short demand then it was usually Gold. Either way, it always seemed like you were under-leveled or under-equipped.
    Exactly how I felt about VIII. You'd get strong enough for the boss only to repeat the grind for the next one. I remember grinding so hard and that one mole boss still taking a century to kill with hi tension on everybody.
    placeholder_text.jpeg