Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Atlus is working on a new Fantasy RPG...

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Cool Atlus is working on a new Fantasy RPG...

...and it's not connected to MegaTen or Persona. It's still being headed by several members of the Persona team which shared their first pic for the title.

More info will follow in the coming days and an events on December 23rd. Its should be noted that Atlus is owned by Sega now, and Sega has expressed interest in letting Atlus take a crack at some of their old IPs that don't see much love anymore.

Sir, you had my curiosity...

But now you have my attention.

PLEASE DON'T BE A MOBILE GAME OR MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    ...and it's not connected to MegaTen or Persona. It's still being headed by several members of the Persona team which shared their first pic for the title.

More info will follow in the coming days and an events on December 23rd. Its should be noted that Atlus is owned by Sega now, and Sega has expressed interest in letting Atlus take a crack at some of their old IPs that don't see much love anymore.
    ATLUS MAKING NEW SHINING FORCE WHEN?!

as long as it's not High Fantasy, i'm interested... wizards and warriors Vs dungeons and dragons has been done to death... i'm more a fan of fantasy the likes of Phantasy Star and FFVII onwards, fantasy that hasn't appeared in countless Dungeon Masters Guides and Dragonlance novels... it's only my opinion and if it does not fit my criteria i will simply ignore it and move on, if it does i'll totally geek out on it, but i will need more info on the direction the game is taking before i get my hopes up...

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Elly View Post
    as long as it's not High Fantasy, i'm interested...
    Welp, the character has an Elf ear.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Color me intrigued.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Elly View Post
    as long as it's not High Fantasy, i'm interested...
    Welp, the character has an Elf ear.
    And a sword.

yeah, there's elves and mages in Shadowrun and i don't think that's High Fantasy, it is possible...

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Her arm looks a little short there. The sword should be down a bit lower. Arm's length is somewhat past your thighs. If she was holding the sword that high you'd see the elbow sticking out from the cloth.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Some minor info.

For those who don't want to read, Atlus announced they are forming a new development studio to work on the project and the game will be a a new IP with the idea of working on a more orthodox type of game (more traditional fantasy), but doing it in the Atlus style.

This kind of reminds me of the stories producers talk about when David Bowie decided to make the Let's Dance album, and the producers talked about how Bowie thought it would be quaint to try and make a pop album since he largely did more unconventional stuff.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

More concept art and a boring video explaining the studios commitment to to make something awesome out of a more traditional Fantasy RPG.

The game is still in the early concept stage and it "may be a long time before fans get to see it" according to the producer. It will also not affect the next Persona title which is already being worked on according to Atlus.

"Early concept stage" is a really dumb time to announce a game unless they're panning on crowd-funding it. I mean this is the stage where lots of games end up getting cancelled, so why bother trying to get the hype train rolling so soon?
    Last edited by Fox; 12-23-2016 at 06:56 PM.

when people say Traditional Fantasy they usually mean High Fantasy ala JRR Tolkein or D&D, so i've lost all interest... there's people out there that do like that kind of stuff though so i hope they enjoy it, and it turns out really awesome for them...

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    "Early concept stage" is a really dumb time to announce a game unless they're panning on crowd-funding it. I mean this is the stage where lots of games end up getting cancelled, so why bother trying to get the hype train rolling so soon?
    Cause Atlus is a small company compared to others and need the help of of the hype train to get any interest into any of their projects because they lack the funds to do a heavy PR campaign like Squenix, EA, and Ubisoft?

As popular and over exposed as Persona 4 is, it is still technically a cult hit at best from a numbers game compared to other major franchises.