Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 610111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: A new EoFF Mafia

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

Even though I was lynched today I had a blast playing with you guys and look forward to playing next time already.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Everyone was far too obsessed with the flavour text for their own good.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    Everyone was far too obsessed with the flavour text for their own good.
    Maybe so, however it was the only thing that could provide trustworthy, factual information. If we did it all again, even after this miserable failure, I don't think I would change that aspect of my approach.

Articles

But it's clearly not trustworthy!

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    But it's clearly not trustworthy!
    The source is trustworthy, it's my interpretation of it that failed!

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Shadow had one dying wish and that was for you all to talk, and use the time that you had to gather all the information to maximum potential. Why wouldn't you wait for a confirmed investigator to come in and provide his results? What the heck? He still had a day to surface.

Since the game is over, I will post some things! Namely, my deductions that I sent through to Karifean on Night 2, following my death (he can confirm receipt of this if you don't believe it):

Quote Originally Posted by Shauna
    I will take you up on your offer of listening to the deductions of the dead. Enjoy~

I missed this post entirely because it was so close to my death, and it would have made no difference either way if I had analysed it in time, but.

Quote Originally Posted by Scruffington View Post
    I don't believe Nut or Shauna is mafia.
    This makes no sense. None whatsoever. Given the situation he had to believe one of us was mafia. From his point of view, there were a total of four possible girls in play.

FFNut (Lenna)
    AK (Faris)
    Scruffy (Garnet)
    Me (I am Shadow, but there were doubts on his side that this was true)

Given that Faris could not be the killer as she had performed an investigative action that leaves the three of us. One of us has to be mafia. Scruffy cannot claim to be town, while claiming that both myself and FFNut are town. It just cannot work. And Scruffy is a smart player, he should know this, and I'm sure he does - he's just counting on the town overlooking it, which I am confident they will.

If he were town, he really should have been all over the FFNut bandwagon, because it would save his skin if FFNut flipped mafia. But he wasn't. Because he knew FFNut would flip town, and that would leave him as the only female who was available to kill qwerty in Night One.

I mean, either FFNut or myself being lynched is fine for him and the mafia.

If FFNut went, I would garner all the bad press and probably be lynched under accusations of not being Shadow and being a lying female character.

Now that I'm gone, they'll heap all the blame onto FFNut, primarily thanks to my efforts (it's not my fault he was being so shady )

Both of us are town, and both of us would act as scapegoats in Day 3, leading to a Mafia victory. Well, it will, unless the Mafia do something stupid like not take out Freya and instead target her target.

So yeah. New theory is Scruffy is mafia. Don't know who his partner is. Either AK or Fynn.

Going back to something that Formy asked earlier - is it easier to win as mafia or town? They each have their own difficulties.

To be a good mafia, you have to lie convincingly all the time. Playing mafia is playing a lie. If you get caught, you need to come up with a new lie to explain that away, and another, and so on. Lying and convincing deflection.

And that is why town need to talk. Because if they encounter something that doesn't quite fit, they should ask about it. Mafia lies become obvious when they have to keep covering up for themselves, eventually they will slip up. Town have no reason to lie, excepting protecting their power roles. Asking questions is not the same as suspecting someone. Town falls into its usual defensive stance when this comes up - why are you questioning my motives, that means you think I am mafia and I am not therefore you are mafia! If you don't want someone to ask why you said or did something... well, you said/did the things! Why shouldn't someone else ask you about it? It turns the town on itself while the mafia can lie low, throwing in a vote on either side with minimal thought and throw fuel on the ever increasing fire.

When I say it like this, it seems so easy. But it's definitely not easy. FFNut found this the hard way when he had to explain why he asked a question. It was a stupid move for him to do so, with no reasonable explanation. These situations come up. Also, a good mafia will also know how to be a good town. After all, it's part of their lie.

Anyway, gg mafia. You got us good.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I think a combination of AK not surfacing, Psy saying that waiting is annoying and everyone else just wanting to get on with it prompted me to vote AK.

Articles

I said what now?

I SAID NOTHING OF THE SORT

Only a Mafia would say I would say such a thing!

get lynched, scum

##vote: Formalhaut

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Another thing, going on from the above interaction - read what people actually say. Don't rely on other people's recaps.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Formalhaut View Post
    I think a combination of AK not surfacing, Psy saying that waiting is annoying and everyone else just wanting to get on with it prompted me to vote AK.
    Don;t put the blame on Psy now, Formy

I think the main mistake Town made this time around was latching on to one theory. We had plenty of clues to go on and we forgot a very simple thing - we all assumed only one mafia was capable of killing, when in reality, it might as well have been both of them taking turns. And this was most likely the case, considering what happened to the girl that was most suspected while the other was watched

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

I certainly didn't forget, not that it did town any good. xD I was crying at my PC as everyone only focused on FFNut, instead of the lies peddled about how we only had one person (FFNut) unaccounted for in the night action. "What about Noctis?!" I cried.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Shauna View Post
    I certainly didn't forget, not that it did town any good. xD I was crying at my PC as everyone only focused on FFNut, instead of the lies peddled about how we only had one person (FFNut) unaccounted for in the night action. "What about Noctis?!" I cried.

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

Ya I wanted you guys to wait too. Like Shauna I was ok with getting the ax, just wished you guys would not focus on me only and talk about others just to open up the range. You guys had tunnel vision for one.

To to be honest I had a feeling Shauna was town, but felt like if I changed my vote then it would have been a flip flop yet again and it was me who would go.

Now that I know how to play I do look forward to playing again and I won't make those same mistakes.

Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Formalhaut View Post
    Don;t put the blame on Psy now, Formy
    I didn't even post about the game yesterday. And before that I did say I was pro-mafia from then on!

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Yeah I wasn't convinced nut or shauna were town and only bump a vote for nutty to get more talking. Then they all went loony!