Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 414181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: A new EoFF Mafia

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

No I do think I have it down for the most part.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    Now that you all are on a detective kick, please engage me as I freak out about Sherlock and Westworld theories. Because Mark Gatniss said there were hints at the reveal that happened in Ep2 of Season 4 all the way back in the beginning and that we're missing a lot. And I have many theories and want to discuss them

And the Westworld website has new information about some characters and guys

i am needing to deduce.
    BUT SPOILERS!

I'm not touching Sherlock until the season is concluded. As always.

Quote Originally Posted by Shauna
    Given that Faris could not be the killer as she had performed an investigative action that leaves the three of us. One of us has to be mafia. Scruffy cannot claim to be town, while claiming that both myself and FFNut are town. It just cannot work. And Scruffy is a smart player, he should know this, and I'm sure he does - he's just counting on the town overlooking it, which I am confident they will.
    That's not true. The mafia roles had claimed that there would be a supplementary role in addition to a Murderer (if they didn't have two Lackeys). I used this to my advantage to push town towards the idea that AK could be mafia. I knew that if I didn't lynch FFNut or Shauna and it turned out Shauna was town, FFNut would appear incredibly scummy and would be an easy lynch the next day.

I wanted to murder Scruff before the game started because he kept telling everyone that things were wrong and this is how it's supposed to be played. Drove me up the wall. But I didn't just throw my vote because I thought people would think I was doing it because of that reason.

This is why second accounts are good. I don't have any bias clouding my judgement.
    For the second time, stop putting words in my mouth. I never said that things were 'wrong' nor that the game is 'supposed' to be played in any specific way. I said multiple times that it isn't the way mafia is played, because it wasn't a traditional game.

I personally thought my game was over after the first kill. Karifean revealed my identity to everyone, which made it a 50/50 chance that it was either me or FFNut was the killer. That was until I was able to asspull a theory that Faris could somehow be the killer.

The real clincher was having Fynn kill on the night Fox was going to investigate me. I figured someone would be watching me to determine if myself or FFNut is guilty..and it proved out to be a really good call.

Pull my Devil Trigger!

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

The final episode is sunday for this season!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Scruffington View Post

I wanted to murder Scruff before the game started because he kept telling everyone that things were wrong and this is how it's supposed to be played. Drove me up the wall. But I didn't just throw my vote because I thought people would think I was doing it because of that reason.

This is why second accounts are good. I don't have any bias clouding my judgement.
    For the second time, stop putting words in my mouth. I never said that things were 'wrong' nor that the game is 'supposed' to be played in any specific way. I said multiple times that it isn't the way mafia is played, because it wasn't a traditional game.
    Sh, guys. No fighting. We are family here. It's time to put all grievances and misunderstandings behind us!

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Well in standard mafia, certain things are communicated to you and certain things aren't.

That's my opinion at least, different GMs host it different ways. It's still fun, that's just my preference.
    That's not really the way mafia is played.
    The host always has to list the roles in the game, but some can be made a surprise.

It should always address the killer by their alignment, not their identity or role in the game (i.e. Serial Killer or Mafia). Additionally all investigative actions should not be made public and only communicated to the players performing said actions.

I never said that things were 'wrong' nor that the game is 'supposed' to be played in any specific way.
    So with this evidence I've laid out now ##vote: Scruffington

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Guys. Enough.

This is not a thread for handing people receits for what they said and what wording they used. Please keep your personal business personal.

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Given that Faris could not be the killer as she had performed an investigative action that leaves the three of us. One of us has to be mafia. Scruffy cannot claim to be town, while claiming that both myself and FFNut are town. It just cannot work. And Scruffy is a smart player, he should know this, and I'm sure he does - he's just counting on the town overlooking it, which I am confident they will.
    That's not true. The mafia roles had claimed that there would be a supplementary role in addition to a Murderer (if they didn't have two Lackeys). I used this to my advantage to push town towards the idea that AK could be mafia. I knew that if I didn't lynch FFNut or Shauna and it turned out Shauna was town, FFNut would appear incredibly scummy and would be an easy lynch the next day.
    Buuut they could only have one action per night - Karifean clarified this. So Faris investigated, taking her out of the possible killer roles.

Well in standard mafia, certain things are communicated to you and certain things aren't.

That's my opinion at least, different GMs host it different ways. It's still fun, that's just my preference.
    That's not really the way mafia is played.
    The host always has to list the roles in the game, but some can be made a surprise.

It should always address the killer by their alignment, not their identity or role in the game (i.e. Serial Killer or Mafia). Additionally all investigative actions should not be made public and only communicated to the players performing said actions.

I never said that things were 'wrong' nor that the game is 'supposed' to be played in any specific way.
    So with this evidence I've laid out now ##vote: Scruffington
    And not at any point did I say that things in this game were 'wrong.'

But go ahead, you can continue lying about what I really said. I even sent you a VM apologizing if you misunderstood me and made an effort to clear things up, yet you straight up ignored it and have continued on with this immature assumption.

I'm not going to let someone sit here and try and twist my words.

Pull my Devil Trigger!

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Good show mafia. Scruff was the one I suspected after the first day, but the other two were Formal and FFNut so I only got half of it. I definitely was not on to Fynn.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Quote Originally Posted by Shauna View Post
    Buuut they could only have one action per night - Karifean clarified this. So Faris investigated, taking her out of the possible killer roles.
    I must have glossed over that part. I was really just hoping town would get lost in the details. :P

Pull my Devil Trigger!

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

And they certainly did! You slipped up pretty majorly, but only a ghost of a shadow noticed. xD

Thanks for hosting the game Karifean. Sorry I got upset after you revealed my identity. I think you did a good job hosting, and you put a lot of effort into the game. I appreciate how you made an effort to get another game of Mafia going and it was definitely fun for me overall.

Every game can be a little rough around the edges, but I'd be happy to play another one regardless of the theme.

I think I realized from this game that the community here is pretty cool. And Fynn is the realest homie. If I ever felt like leaving before, I don't anymore. :P

Pull my Devil Trigger!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Thanks for hosting the game Karifean. Sorry I got upset after you revealed my identity. I think you did a good job hosting, and you put a lot of effort into the game. I appreciate how you made an effort to get another game of Mafia going and it was definitely fun for me overall.

Every game can be a little rough around the edges, but I'd be happy to play another one regardless of the theme.

I think I realized from this game that the community here is pretty cool. And Fynn is the realest homie. If I ever felt like leaving before, I don't anymore. :P
    Yeh, we did a good job working together

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Guys. Enough.

This is not a thread for handing people receits for what they said and what wording they used. Please keep your personal business personal.

cant agree enough. I played pro hockey half my life. During the game things would get heated in the moment, but win or lose the best thing you could do is leave those heated emotions in the game. I had a situation were one guy was playing really dirty against us. Cheap shots the works. The next day he was traded to our team and he had to walk into our dressing room. We would have doomed his whole career if we didn't leave emotions on the ice, and shake his hand and say welcome to the team. It also would have split the team and all of us would suffer.

I li have zero ill feelings about getting Lynched or being suspected or anything. It is a game and I treat it as such. We all want to win and so we all will play hard. It isn't a personal thing at all.