Thread: Ice Skating!

Articles
    Blog Entries

Default Ice Skating!

So I went ice skating today with Mr. Carny in Switzerland, and it was delightful! It was my first time, but I was... okay, I think.

How are you guys at ice skating? Are you gliding across the ice, or hanging around the edges?

Me ice skating

Not quite dancing to Belero yet

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

I played ice Hockey since I was 4. I can skate really well, crossovers and the rest.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    Me ice skating

Not quite dancing to Belero yet
    I told Sam about Bolero, and he had literally no idea what it was. Neither did his older brother. Seriously, did they watch Dancing on Ice when it was on T.V?

For my mum's generation of Brits, Torvill and Dean was THE sporting highlight of their young adult lives, so I heard a lot about that growing up.

But... pretty much nothing else Now all of my ice skating knowledge comes from Yuri!!! On ICE (which if you haven't seen it is the best anime this season so check it out). As for my own skating experience... first time my dad took me roller skating I smashed my head on the wall of the rink, so I didn't try it again for about a decade. Then my friend took me ice skating and I smashed my head on the wall of the rink, so I haven't been since!

I haven't skated in years, but I used to do both figure skating and hockey. It's fun. Just, not a lot of opportunities anymore.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

I actually used to be really good at figure skating when I was a kid, about seven or eight years old or so. Older skaters would compliment me as I zipped around the rink.

That was a loooong time ago though, and I imagine if I tried again I would completely fail at it, hahaha.

I have never ice skated. I don't think I ever will. I have no sense of coordination.

Some Text Here.