Thread: New Year, New Me, New Food?

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Default New Year, New Me, New Food?

Is anyone else going to be a walking cliche and embark on a new diet when the new year rolls in? I am!

I really need to get rid of my unhealthy habits. I eat junk food and take out far too often, and in general I'm a terrible eater - I will eat nothing all day and then bloat myself at night with a massive meal. I need to get on track.

I think having a regular 9-5 is going to help, I always thrive when I have a routine, back when I was in the UK I was doing amazing with my diet because I planned all of my meals around work. I definitely want to do packed lunch for work - to save money and to also rule out any temptations for cakes and processed foods.

I'd like to eat more plant based meals in the new year. I won't give up a lot of meat and dairy, but if I could do plant based breakfast and lunch 3-4 times a week I would notice a difference in my eating habits I think. Plus it's sooooo cheap! Beans and lentils are super cheap and so easy to jazz up with spices and herbs!

Pheesh and I also got a really nifty slow cooker/pressure cooker which will come in super handy for making lovely veggie soups when winter rolls in. There's also a porridge and yoghurt setting

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Night Fury View Post
    walking cliche
    Me.

New year, new me. All that bollocks. My diet is awful and I've drank too much over the last few months. Regular exercise, better eating habits, keep a detailed food diary.

I have a friend's stag do on 10th Feb so I want to be in reasonable shape by then. I still won't look amazing but I'll be better. We're all going as WWF wrestlers and I want to look decent as Rowdy Roddy Piper

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
    walking cliche
    Me.

New year, new me. All that bollocks. My diet is awful and I've drank too much over the last few months. Regular exercise, better eating habits, keep a detailed food diary.

I have a friend's stag do on 10th Feb so I want to be in reasonable shape by then. I still won't look amazing but I'll be better. We're all going as WWF wrestlers and I want to look decent as Rowdy Roddy Piper

We'll be walking cliches together! I will support your eating of beans and lettuce and you can support my eating of beans and lettuce!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
    walking cliche
    Me.

We'll be walking cliches together! I will support your eating of beans and lettuce and you can support my eating of beans and lettuce!
    image.jpeg

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Yeah I gotta get back on my low carb thing. It's the only thing that works with me. Which is stupid cause i love bread but whaaatever.

So i'll be there too.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Gonna be trying some healthy slow cooker recipes in January so will post my (no doubt terrible) results here.

I'm trying to eat less junk food and cut down my portion size- that's my main issue. Batch cooking and breaking down into smaller amounts if helping a lot.
    YE RAGIN', AYE?

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Today for lunch I legit had home-made bean bites and carrot sticks.

Then when I got home I ate 5 chocolate chip cookies.... Small steps right?