Thread: What are the major music moments of your life

Default What are the major music moments of your life

You know, they changed how you view music somehow. For me, I could name more but to keep it simple:

Final Fantasy VII Soundtrack
    I was never the same.

Jagged Little Pill by Alanis Morissette
    This was my first teenager album where I "connected" to the lyrics on some deeper level instead of listening to whatever my parent happened to be playing.

Britney Spears at the 2000 VMAs
    Yeah, it's pretty silly, but this was my music moment that made me realize how a performance can change my opinion of the song. Sixteen years ago, she was basically my introduction to diva antics on stage (Madonna, Lady GaGa, Janet Jackson...)

Danny Elfman
    Yeah, his soundtrack for movies such as Nightmare Before Christmas and Batman Returns had an impact on me.

I think I was 12 or 13 yo. That day for some reason I didn't go to school and I was spending my time zapping at the tv. At some point I happened to find a music channel (forgot the name...) and there was a band playing with a female vocalist. Maybe it was because of how they were dressed, maybe it was the singer's voice, but for some reason, even though I couldn't catch their name or the song's, they got stuck into my head. I spent a lot of time trying to find out who they were, but with no success.
    When I was 16, I was on a school trip and during the night of the second or third day I was, once again, zapping at the tv. At some point I heard a familiar voice coming from a music video. Then I slowly I realized I was listening to the same band of that time! Damn, that day I was so happy, I couldn't believe I had found them!!!!
    Anyway I'm talikng about Lacuna Coil lmao
    The song I heard when I was 12 was Heaven's A Lie, and the other one Our Truth.
    Ahhh the memories...
    FF games played so far: FFIV; FFVI; FFVII; FFX; FFX-2; FFXII; FFTA; FFXIII Trilogy

Currently playing: Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories (PS3)

Favourite FF games: FFVI; FFXII

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Every song I have ever written because I am a genius.

Going on Soulseek in 2006 and having a girl named Mallory introduce me to black metal was a moment, I can assure you of that. I wish I'd kept in touch with her.
    YE RAGIN', AYE?

Quote Originally Posted by Cell View Post
    Going on Soulseek in 2006 and having a girl named Mallory introduce me to black metal was a moment, I can assure you of that. I wish I'd kept in touch with her.
    Are you still listening to it?
    FF games played so far: FFIV; FFVI; FFVII; FFX; FFX-2; FFXII; FFTA; FFXIII Trilogy

Quote Originally Posted by Yubel-Lover View Post
    Not as much as I did during my angry mid-20's, but I often put on some grind or bm when the mood strikes me.
    YE RAGIN', AYE?

Not as much as I did during my angry mid-20's, but I often put on some grind or bm when the mood strikes me.
    Pretty much the same here. I used to listen to it all the time until a few years ago. I still like to listen to it from time to time though. Fav bands were Marduk, Behemoth and Limbonic Art.

Pretty much the same here. I used to listen to it all the time until a few years ago. I still like to listen to it from time to time though. Fav bands were Marduk, Behemoth and Limbonic Art.
    Generally I was more on the grind side of metal, things like Iskra. I've now moved more into sludge/droom/post-rock, just to annoy all my friends p much.
    YE RAGIN', AYE?

Generally I was more on the grind side of metal, things like Iskra. I've now moved more into sludge/droom/post-rock, just to annoy all my friends p much.
    To be fair I was never a huge fan of Death/Grind/Brutal outside of a few bands. Right now I'm more on electronic music like Aggrotech, EBM, and Trip-Hop or Ambient.
    Extreme music always has its fashion though

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

My favorite music experience was when Hatebreed came through the little town I was stationed at on the way to bigger shows in Dallas and Houston.

We had a huge crowd come out, so they got really into it and wound up playing basically every song from every album up until that point. This was circa 2003-2004, so it's not as much as today, but it was still about 40 something songs.

Jamey Jasta's voice gave out, and so a group of us wound up helping him sing the last 10 songs or so, then a group of us went out to Denny's or IHOP with them. Super nice, super personable. Great night.

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

man i dunno
    video game soundtracks
    soulseek
    mirc with british people introducing me to squarepusher and aphex twin

when i discovered bandcamp a lot changed too
    soundcloud as well, even though it kind of sucks now

bandcamp is great for discovery

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Spykus Hallideus (Cerberus)

I'd definitely put the FFVII and FFVIII soundtracks on that list for me for a start, after that it was hearing Alice Cooper and Metallica for the first time which opened my eyes and ears to the world of Heavy Metal I'm neck deep in today.
    Seeing Iron Maiden live for the first time was a major moment as well but the standouts are discovering Judas Priest, Motorhead and Saxon which still today are the very core of my music tastes. I've seen Priest 2 times, Motorhead 4 times before the great Lemmy himself passed on but seeing Motorhead is what really made me want to keep trying and stick with bass guitar. I've seen Saxon about 5 times now and I've met all/most of the band even. They're definitely one of my absolute favourites and primary influences, inspirations for my own musical ambitions and endeavours.

A huge moment was seeing Ronnie James Dio live with Black Sabbath as that was a monster of a show! Now, didn't cost much and compared to the prices Ozzy + Sabbath is charging to see their farewell shows I think I was witness to an absolute privilege and honour!

I've seen a fair few legendary status metal bands too, Satan, Mythra, Raven, Anvil, Tysondog, Blitzkrieg. Absolute class acts every one of them.

LET THE HAMMER FALL