And honestly... me and Mr. Carny are feeling sorta 'meh' towards that first episode. I'm sure Mr. Carny will come in and explain in detail why we both give it a fairly average score, but my overall sentiment is that it's all becoming fairly overblown, bombastic, without an actual case to thread it through.

The case - such as it was - was short, and didn't really go anywhere, safe to introduce the whole 'ooh, that bust is missing'. And the resolution is fairly staid and unsatisfactory. But honestly, the worst bit was that completely out of character subplot involving Watson and some woman on a bus. I'm sure it'll crop up again, because of course it will, but what we got was pretty confusing.

There's also some quibbles about the female characters that I won't go into just yet. But basically - one is reduced to 'babysitter' and another is, well, spoilers.

Anyway, I won't rant any longer. Did anyone else watch it? I'm sure there's people who loved this episode, and I'd be happy to be enlightened. Because honestly, it is sitting pretty ill with me at the moment.