FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

Ok I will disregard that post.

Articles
    Blog Entries

We wouldn't want to let Fynn off the hook so early

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

Still don't know who Chaos is, but also a random vote may invoke talk and have them give something up too.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I mean, sure, I pushed for No Death. But if you take a look at my reasoning for it, my idea was simply to not kill anyone until we have anything to go with, as I usually play mafia beginning with the night phase. Considering we now have 6 warriors of Cosmos instead of the hypothetical 5, I'd say my reasoning was sound. It was never my intention to refrain from lynching later on. But of course, I could be just saying that, you might think. That aside, do you really think I'd kill someone for disagreeing with my vote, Nutty? Wouldn't make me a very smart guy, would it

Another thing I'd like to talk about is the character identities. I don't really think we can trust what people say in that regard, especially those revealed today. Karifean stated precisely in the rules that we may lie about this, and after the revelation of how detailed the nighttime descriptions are. That said, they're still a bit vague, and we can still assume someone lied about their identity beforehand. So theoretically, even though I said I drew Noctis, that doesn't mean that really is the case. I think the only person we can safely assume is completely honest about their identity is Formy since Keflavik was pretty clearly part of that description. So either he got it or was really lucky in guessing that someone had it - in which case the person who actually got Kefka knows that he's lying. That said, that doesn't mean he's truthful about everything - he could very well be working for Chaos but just decided to do nothing that night. I kind of don't know what to think about Scruffy's revelation, to be honest, since the only person in the description that would match Dagger was the killer. So either he's actually a vanilla townie, which is why he didn't actually get mentioned, laying the cards on the table to prove his innocence, or the actual killer. I need to hear what other people say about him before I can make a decision.

With all that said, so far I'm more or less convinced it was Nutty, however. Unless I missed something, there was no mention of someone who could be Lenna - and no one else - and judging from the previous round, I think it's pretty safe to assume Nutty has a nighttime ability, and I'm pretty sure all abilities were represented in the description. And then there's the fact he was so quick to not only reveal his character, seemingly so as to clear himself of all suspicion, as well as accuse me. Granted, all this could simply be newbie mistakes, but I can't help but feel very suspicious.

I won't cast my vote yet, though, since 1) an early vote didn't seem to win me much fans on the first day and 2) I realize my accusation of Nutty may be reactionary to his accusation of me, so I want to see what other people have to say first.

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Poor qwerty. But I generally disagree that we have to look into why qwerty was killed off. He didn't say anything of any real note. He was a town. He's a threat to the mafia by existing.

Also, it's not really worth anything now that we know admitting our gender could be a potential mark against us - but I am Shadow, that there ninja guy from that one game.

However, this brings me to my next thought. Before it was even thought to be relevant, FFNut threw down he was Lenna. When this was revealed to be a relevant piece of information, Nutty goes from convinced that Fynn was definitely a bad guy with some really flimsy backing, to convinced that Fynn is actually a good guy with even more flimsy reasoning - but hasn't yet unvoted him. You can unvote to a No Vote, there's no reason to keep a vote on someone you supposedly are happy is a good guy. The unclear flip flopping is getting all the red flags raised. A mafia trying to take himself out of the limelight after realising he's drawn all sorts of unnecessary attention to himself? Or just a newbie making mistakes?

Fynn, what do you mean that there was no mention of someone who could be Lenna?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'll explain.

Quote Originally Posted by Karifean View Post
    A black-haired adolescent was relaxing in his room, deciding to get some much-needed sleep after the stressful day. An androgynous person who apparently couldn't decide what hair color suited them best was observing them through a crack in the door. When they realized the man was not planning on heading out that night, they decided to leave them alone.

While returning to their room, they passed by a man clad in white armor who was heading into the room right next to theirs. The armored man was met with the smiling face of a girl and decided to keep her company for a while, worried she might get attacked. When the man realized nobody was going to come, he decided to call it a night, casting a protective spell on the room before he left, just in case.

A few corridors away, a blonde man with a confident smile on his face was wandering around, looking for the colorfully clothed man who had drawn much attention to themselves with his creepy way of talking during the day. He found him in his room and decided to make some small talk with him, asking him a few questions while closely observing his mannerisms. They were soon joined by an older man whom both the blonde man and his conversation partner knew. The older man seemed interested in joining their conversation, so they talked for a few hours about their situation. Over time the older man gradually recovered some of his memories regarding the colorful man.

After some time, the men decided it was time to get some sleep, so the blonde man and the older man left the room and went their separate ways, both in a good mood. However, as the blonde man rounded a corner, he was suddenly met with the eerie, unsettling smile of a girl. He instinctively realized the person before him was not his ally and drew his blade, but it was already too late; the girl started chanting and the next thing the man knew he was floating in the air unable to move, and before he could react any further he felt himself being ripped apart. But even that feeling left him only moments after, and he would never move ever again.

qwertysaur has died, he was Seifer, Cosmos-aligned Proud Hero.

Based on this, there are several people who took certain actions at night. Let's see how many we have.

So, in order, we have:
    - a black-haired adolescent
    - an androgynous person who can't decide on hair color
    - a man in white armor
    - a girl
    - a blond man
    - a colorfully clothed man
    - an older man
    - (another girl?)

Depending on whether the girl described as the killer is the same girl as the one protected earlier, there were seven or eight characters described.

What I meant before was that none of the two girls was explicitly described as pink-haired or anything else that might directly point to Lenna. I didn't mean there wasn't anyone that couldn't be Lenna, but there was no one person mentioned that could only be Lenna. The girl could be Dagger, Porom, Relm, etc.

That said, both might actually be the same girl, or both Nutty and Scruffy could be telling the truth about their identities, so they might be both of the girls described. That would suggest either of them is the killer, unless the mysterious ninth person is another girl. But if you're telling the truth, Shauna, then you are the ninth person because Shadow doesn't appear on this list.

Trying to deduce who these characters are, based on common knowledge of FF and what people have claimed their characters are, here are some possibilities of who each person is:

- black-haired adolescent - Noctis (it could easily be some other guy, like Zack, but considering I've revealed myself as Noctis, I'm guessing this is me)
    - androgynous character - most likely Faris (either blond or purple hair depending on artwork - it fits)
    - man in white armor - Cecil comes to mind
    - a girl - either Lenna or Dagger, if both Scruffy and FFNut are telling the truth
    - a blond man - confirmed to be Seifer
    - a colorfully clothed man - definitely Kefka
    - an older man - Fox's Cid, most likely
    - a girl - again, either Lenna or Dagger

If we assume everyone so far has revealed their true identity, that only leaves Shauna's Shadow as unmentioned in the nighttime report.

This would point to either Scruffy or Nutty being the killer. But the problem is, if the girl protected by the knight and the girl who killed Seifer are the same person, that actually leaves two open spaces, and people could be lying.

Of course, cosidering there are roles such as the roleblocker and the switcher, it might be hard to deduce just from that who the Chaos representatives are. And then there's the fact that all the identifying roles - of which we have at least two, unless someone was idle, so Fox's Cid and the now deceased Seifer - can be of either alignment.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

After another reread, I've noticed there's another "man" described as not leaving the room. If Shauna's telling the truth about her identity, this would most likely be her. This would suggest that she's one of the three people who did not act last night.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Of course, not acting does not need to imply someone is just a vanilla townie. We don't have to use our nighttime ability, after all.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

That is certainly some digging and analysing you've done! Interesting stuff.

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

I had 47 hours at that time to change my vote and watch to see what others said. Don't know why you would wish me to vote 7 times, or be in such a rush to change it so quickly. Was just waiting to see what people wrote so if I change my vote, I only do it once and not fill the thread with votes making it tougher to get an exact count correct.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Just putting some thoughts out here.

A black-haired adolescent was relaxing in his room, deciding to get some much-needed sleep after the stressful day. An androgynous person who apparently couldn't decide what hair color suited them best was observing them through a crack in the door. When they realized the man was not planning on heading out that night, they decided to leave them alone.
    The androgynous person investigated the adolescent in some way. Detective, Identifier, Tracker, Watcher? I'm assuming Detective going from what Karifean stated in the OP.

While returning to their room, they passed by a man clad in white armor who was heading into the room right next to theirs. The armored man was met with the smiling face of a girl and decided to keep her company for a while, worried she might get attacked. When the man realized nobody was going to come, he decided to call it a night, casting a protective spell on the room before he left, just in case.
    This can surely only be a Protector, the man in the white armour.

A few corridors away, a blonde man with a confident smile on his face was wandering around, looking for the colorfully clothed man who had drawn much attention to themselves with his creepy way of talking during the day. He found him in his room and decided to make some small talk with him, asking him a few questions while closely observing his mannerisms. They were soon joined by an older man whom both the blonde man and his conversation partner knew. The older man seemed interested in joining their conversation, so they talked for a few hours about their situation. Over time the older man gradually recovered some of his memories regarding the colorful man.
    I am struggling with this one. Does this mean that qwerty investigated Formalhaut? I am assuming the colourful man who drew attention to himself is Kefka. But then why did the older man get involved? Why are the three of them interacting? What does this mean!? Is this just fluff to throw us off? I doubt it as they are an accurate account of what happened in the night. Any ideas what this interaction means?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Actually scratch that thought on the Detective, there could be another investigative role in play. I don't even know why I said it.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm guessing the old man is Fox, and that both he and Qwerty investigated Formy.

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

I am thinking the same as Fynn in that regard.

Bear in mind I'm Cid, so I could change from day to day! Last night I was an old man, tomorrow I could be an Oglop, it's up to Kari-chan!