Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161721 ... LastLast

Thread: EoFF Mafia Dissidia

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Could be. I think the wording of it is throwing me off, as it seems to imply that there is somehow interactions between the three of them together. But when I read it a bit closer - the blond man was investigating the colourful man. And the old man got some information about the colourful man too. So there's no direct link stated between the blond man and the old man.

Drew all the aggro yesterday, Formy!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

So if you were the old man, are you confirming that you investigated Formy last night, Fox?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Here's a list of potential roles these people could have:

Roleblocker
    A Chaos-aligned role (in this game at least). Can block the ability of another player every night. Whatever night action the chosen player may have decided to do, it will not go through.
    Detective
    A Cosmos-aligned role. Can choose someone every night to investigate. The Detective will then be privately informed of the chosen player's alignment.
    Identifier
    Appears on either alignment. Can choose someone every night to investigate. The Identifier will then be privately informed of the chosen player's identity. They will not be informed of their role or ability.
    Tracker
    Appears on either alignment. Can choose someone every night to track. The Tracker will then be privately informed of who the chosen player used their ability on that night (if anyone). They will not be informed of anything but the chosen player's username.
    Watcher
    Appears on either alignment. Can choose someone every night to watch. The Watcher will then be privately informed of who used an ability on the chosen player that night. They will not be informed of anything but those players' usernames.
    I think it's a good idea to separate those two categories into two groups - one that could potentially have been used by Faris, and the other two by Cid and Seifer (using names I assume were right but don't have to be, but it's still easier than using "androgynous person", etc.)

I think Faris could be any one of the above roles, but my best bet is the roleblocker, watcher, and tracker, since those three involve the actions of the players rather than their identities.

Cid and Seifer could very well be any role aside from the roleblocker, I think, but I think the detective and investigator are the most likely, since they've been described as confronting Kefka and probing for information.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Now that I've mulled it over, I don't think Faris is a roleblocker, either. Judging by the description, I'm fairly confident they're a tracker at this point, since they've been described as watching what Noctis is doing, not what is being done to Noctis.

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

I have been looking and re-reading again, and again. Now the man in white armor saved me with a protection spell on night one. Lenna being Vanillia in this game has no powers of her own so putting out a vote got people talking as that is the only way for me/her to gather information. If all is who they say they are we have two girls, one a killer.

People could have lied to us of course as I suspect one person isn't who they say they are.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

How do you know it was you who was protected?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by FFNut View Post
    People could have lied to us of course as I suspect one person isn't who they say they are.
    Just one?

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

I am going off two girls, one a killer. I am the other female character. That is if no one is lying about their identity. I can only assume using logic that it was me that was saved. That being said I do believe someone is lying about their identity (which is permitted within the rules of the game) and I think I know who is to keep a target off thus persons back.

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

That being said I have decided to change my vote off Fynn as the vote as Shauna pointed out was a little washy. However it had its desired effect in getting people to talk and pointed to a suspect for me. I will hold off changing it until latter however as I wish for the day time to continue.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Protectors can protect mafia. There is also nothing stopping the person who was protected also being a killer. You're making incredible leaps here to tell us that you are 100% vanilla with no possible night activities.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yeah, that's why I said I'm not entirely sure if there is actually one or two girls. It is quite likely that the girl who was protected by the knight and the girl that did the killing were one and the same.

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

Very true I will accept your assessment there, but I have given the true reason for the quick vote on Fynn. It was simply for getting the information needed to get information. Why else would I just toss a vote that fast? The thread is the only way I can gather any information.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Karifean referred to people the same throughout the flavour text. The blond man was the blonde man throughout, as was the old man. A girl was referred to the same way in both the protect and the kill description. Lends support to the idea that the girl mentioned in both paragraphs are the same. Or maybe it is a red herring.

That doesn't mean that there is only one girl in play though. If we assume that the girl is the same in both, that brings a total to 7 players mentioned. Two players did nothing during the night. One of them could be a girl.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FFNut View Post
    Very true I will accept your assessment there, but I have given the true reason for the quick vote on Fynn. It was simply for getting the information needed to get information. Why else would I just toss a vote that fast? The thread is the only way I can gather any information.
    I'm only here on a lunch break so I'll get back to this formally once work ends. I will say two things quickly while I'm here. Firstly, I am getting increasingly suspicious of FFNut. I can kinda understand the whole 'vote anyone for the sake of conversation' line, but st the same time: it is making you very suspicious, especially as you now retract your vote in the face of reasonable doubt. As a town, not being suspicious is probably the most important thing for your side, because a townie getting lynched is not helpful for town. Honestly, I wasn't entirely successful in that during my first day, so I can't blame you here, but at least I didn't spuriously vote someone or announce I had a night activity.

My second point is related: Christ was I really that suspicious to be investigated twice? I suppose it makes sense as I was Day One's bandwagon target. You would want to confirm whether or not the person closest to lynch was mafia or not. I await Fox's announcement, if we're assuming Fox is the old man.

Quote Originally Posted by Formalhaut View Post

My second point is related: Christ was I really that suspicious to be investigated twice? I suppose it makes sense as I was Day One's bandwagon target. You would want to confirm whether or not the person closest to lynch was mafia or not. I await Fox's announcement, if we're assuming Fox is the old man.
    As you said; it was just clown profiling. Nothing personal!