Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2678910111213141516171822 ... LastLast

Thread: EoFF Mafia Dissidia

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Oh wow, you guys have talked a lot. I was kind of busy all weekend (I got minecraft for the ps4 and got lost in caves so I had to live there for hours on end.)

I'll have to go over all the posts since the day started but wow, the flavor text seemed to give a lot away. That's new.

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

So going off FF logic this is what I am taking off of the events of the night.

A girl was the killer.

The old man may have been Cid, Seifer knew him and Cid was the SeeD head master.

The man in the White Armor could be be Cecil, Firion.

There is a few more things I am wondering about as either Fynn wasn't alone, or the person watching him was with someone else.

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by FFNut View Post
    There is a few more things I am wondering about as either Fynn wasn't alone, or the person watching him was with someone else.
    Can you elaborate here? I have no idea what part referred to Fynn?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Also I thought you were "a girl". Admitting you did something bad, eh?

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

If you read it kept saying they and ther. Reading again I am convinced the multi coloured hair person who watched Fynn was the one not alone. Also I am not convinced you are indeed shadow. Convenient after the killer was called a female you come off as a male shrouded in mystery. You also point the finger to a female and push as to get the daytime vote for a Cosmo, so they do the work for you while you get a free kill now then a kill in the night. Very Chaos of you really.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

A few corridors away, a blonde man with a confident smile on his face was wandering around, looking for the colorfully clothed man who had drawn much attention to themselves with his creepy way of talking during the day. He found him in his room and decided to make some small talk with him, asking him a few questions while closely observing his mannerisms. They were soon joined by an older man whom both the blonde man and his conversation partner knew. The older man seemed interested in joining their conversation, so they talked for a few hours about their situation. Over time the older man gradually recovered some of his memories regarding the colorful man.
    I'm going to focus on this.

We had two people investigating formy, or the colorful creepy talking clown man.

The Blonde man went to Formy. They had some small talk and the Blonde man asked questions.

Then an older man joins them. They apparently know him? Then the old man "recovered" some of his memories by talking to formy?

Shauna said they don't know each other but then there's the part where the blonde man and the colorful man know the old man?

They were soon joined by an older man whom both the blonde man and his conversation partner knew.
    So i'm not sure how they "know" each other. Because I was under the impression we only have 2 chaos aligned people in a game of this size. So if they both knew the older man, that would be all three of them chaos and that's too many. So I'm wondering if the "knew him" is more of a throw away line.

Over time the older man gradually recovered some of his memories regarding the colorful man.
    This line shows that the old man learn something, or "remembered" something about the colorful man so they probably aren't aligned.

Seifer being the blonde man, he got nuked and was cosmos aligned. So how would he have "known" the older man. That's just throwing me for a loop.

Some of you already dissected this but I wanted to get all my thoughts in order about it.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I mean, that is a fair point. Shauna did announce her character at a pretty convenient spot.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    Bear in mind I'm Cid, so I could change from day to day! Last night I was an old man, tomorrow I could be an Oglop, it's up to Kari-chan!
    If you are cid, if you are the old man, what did you find when you interacted with "the colorful man"?

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

I am thinking the older man is Cid. It works with both Seifer, and Kefka as Cid was the person who gave Kefka his power, and also was Seifer's head Master.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Shauna View Post
    So if you were the old man, are you confirming that you investigated Formy last night, Fox?
    Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    Bear in mind I'm Cid, so I could change from day to day! Last night I was an old man, tomorrow I could be an Oglop, it's up to Kari-chan!
    If you are cid, if you are the old man, what did you find when you interacted with "the colorful man"?

I did not see shauna had already asked this, but fox didn't answer it.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I also distinctly remember asking for Fox "to confirm", but no official confirmation had been given. I mean, it isn't as if Fox/Cid is screaming to anyone who will listen that I am mafia, but he is being suspiciously closed about the result of the investigation.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Actually, yeah, now that I read the thing again, there is actually no talk of a ninth person.

-black-haired adolescent gets watched
    -androgynous person watches
    -knight in white armor protects
    -girl is protected
    -another (or same) girl kills
    -blond guy watches colorful man, is killed
    -old man watches colorful man, lives
    -colofrul man is watches

Out of this, we know that five people performed actions - the androgynous person, the knight (supposedly male), the girl (non-descript), the old man, and Seifer (who died). We also have two to three more people who had actions performed on them. There's the adolescent, the colorful man, and the girl, if she isn't the same girl that was the killer.

That means, there were 7 to 8 people described, depending on whether there was one or two little girls. That means, we have no tangible evidence on who on or two people are.

The people who revealed their identities after the murder were Scruffington, FFNut, and Shauna. Honestly, the smartest move in this case, if you were to lie about your identity, would be to reveal yourself as someone who isn;t the killer, nor appeared in the description. That way, you can take on a false identity without risking being exposed as a fraud. Nutty and Scruffy both revealed their identities as girls, but if both of the references to a girl in the description pertain to one character, we could potentially have two more girls that haven't been revealed. Therefore, Shauna could actually be another girl - the one who actually did the murder. Or perhaps just another girl but she still chose to lie in order to protect herself.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

You guys do realize that anything he reveals could work against him, whether it's from Cosmos or Chaos?

Aside from the Detective, the investigative roles can be any of the two alignments. Whatever he knows, he's the safest from his opposing side if he keeps it to himself. That way, he can gently nudge you in the right direction if he's Cosmos, and quietly sabotage everything at night if he's Chaos.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

I think it's more likely that they and their are being used in the singular sense. Why do you think it would refer to more than one person?

Is it Chaos to question the thoughts and actions of any player? You are the one who is erratically posting with claims grabbed from all over the shop.

You claim to have a skill. But not really because you were just asking a question.

In the space of 27 minutes you go from being convinced that Fynn is bad, to being convinced that he is good, and based on... nothing, really. Your evidence that he was bad was flimsy, and your evidence was written off as not relevant. Yet you are still now of the opinion that Fynn is good. Why? Technically nothing has changed since your initial vote, yet you no longer greatly suspect Fynn. What changed in your head?

You're not in a rush to change votes or even remove your vote from the now-innocent-in-your-eyes Fynn, but you're in a rush to get your first vote out within 31 minutes of the day starting. Why is there a rush for your vote to be out, but not for any other voting actions? You say you needed to do this, but why?

You claim you are the girl who was protected. When asked about this, you remind us that you are definitely vanilla town with no choice but to vote immediately despite this having no relation to what you're being asked about. In fact, I still don't know why you think you were the protected one. But that doesn't matter anymore because now you are not the protected girl because the protected girl is the murderer.

You bounce all over the place, and I am struggling to follow your line of thinking. I am asking questions for you to clarify what the heck is going on in your head. Yet, you are getting defensive, going back to things nobody has mentioned in hours and pointing your finger at me, instead of just answering the questions.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Man this is throwing me for a loop. How does Kefka know Cid? Seifer would know Old Man Cid via the games they're from but Kefka wouldn't know Cid but Cid "Remembers" things about Kefka.

Unless Cid's flavor of "knowing" things about people is flavor texty. That Fox does "change" cids. Because as a Cid you're in every game, and you know everything about each game and it's characters.