Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst 123456789101424 ... LastLast

Thread: EoFF Mafia Dissidia

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Shauna View Post

Already a No Death vote? Quick to get your vote out, eh Fynn? Why so eager to get the Day Phase out of the way? All we can do is talk, it's the only tool we have, shouldn't be praying this time away even if it is to vote for nobody to die. .
    Often times people will give up their motives without realizing it by just talking! So the quick to vote, or no vote in this case, gives a bit too much of a knee-jerk reaction for me to be comfortable with. We have 48 hrs in the day! Plenty of time to discuss and yet, people are quick to stop using the one tool we have and just hands-up it.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Dude. I've literally never done this before. The only mafia I ever played was irl and you could never lynch anyone before the first murder. Sorry if I can't play the game right.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Oh goodness, don't get upset. I'm not making a slight against you personally. I'm just overly suspicious of everyone!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm not. I'm just used to slightly different rules. And now that's made me suspicious, which is fair enough.

When we usually play here, we never have the option of No Death, which is obviously going to colour how a lot of us play. Uh oh.
    That's not how mafia is played, lol. You always have the option to not lynch.

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    See I'm not a fan of that no death thing. Because if you're a chaos aligned person, then it's easy to just say "oh no, I didn't want to kill any day one! I"m a good person!" It's too easy to use it as an easy out for your innocence.
    So potentially random lynching an innocent town based off of zero evidence and complete guesswork is a good idea?

Chances are you're not going to just randomly guess who the mafia is with a day one lynch. D1 lynches are incredibly dumb if you're playing town.

Pull my Devil Trigger!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Scruffington View Post
    When we usually play here, we never have the option of No Death, which is obviously going to colour how a lot of us play. Uh oh.
    That's not how mafia is played, lol. You always have the option to not lynch.
    Please stop telling people the way they play games is wrong. It's just different than your experience.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Whatever anyone says, no the end Karifean makes the rules here. Whether we like them or not, they are what they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    Please stop telling people the way they play games is wrong. It's just different than your experience.
    I never said that the way they play games is "wrong." Please don't put words in my mouth.

I said that it isn't how mafia is played, because it isn't. Traditional mafia games always have the option to vote no-lynch during day phase, regardless if it is Day 1 or 10. The way things may have been done here isn't wrong, but it isn't traditional nor is it the way mafia is normally played.

Pull my Devil Trigger!

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Not complaining, just saying that I (and probably a few others) will have to rethink how to play to take into account the fact that we have the option of a No Lynch scenario.

Not complaining, just saying that I (and probably a few others) will have to rethink how to play to take into account the fact that we have the option of a No Lynch scenario.
    It does add a little bit of strategy to the game. You usually don't want to lynch anyone until there's enough info or reason to do so, and nothing is really concrete on day 1.

Sometimes you don't even want to lynch in later day phases. It all depends.

Pull my Devil Trigger!

Articles
    Blog Entries

Oh flipping heck I thought we moved passed the whole 'let's discuss how we all play Mafia differently' topic. Just let people be people. Let people make perceived errors or mistakes. Let people reveal all, or keep their cards close to their chest. For some people, this is their first time playing Mafia, so let's not bombard them with rule variations and alterations that might confuse them.

As far as I'm concerned, the rules Karifean posted are the rules of Mafia until this game is over.

Some people prefer playing with No Death, others like to omit No Death. Well whatever, because we're playing with No Death and I'm open to new ways of playing Mafia. I've never had it so you could choose not to kill someone, so that's interesting.

As far as I'm concerned, everyone is just as suspicious as each other, but that also means I don't really suspect anyone either above the rest of the bunch. So for what it's worth:

##VOTE: No Death

I can't wait until the Night Phase has started so we'll actually have stuff to talk about during the day.

Aww, I was rather enjoying the circular conversations.

Hush you.

Anyway, by my count, that is 3 votes for No Death. 5 is the Lock-down Point.

Fynn, Fox and Formalhaut have all voted for No Death. Which is a damn fine alliteration there if I do say so myself.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Like Shauna, I haven't a care what the rule is. Mafia is fun, traditional or non-traditional! Sorry if I sounded terse in my previous post, it's just I've already heard this argument before and don't want Day 1 to just descend to discussions on rules.

It'll be interesting. The only two Mafia games I've played have been on EoFF, with the omission of No Death. What usually happened in these games at Day One is an inactive character who didn't post would get lynched, which is as close to 'No Death' as you'll get without actually lynching someone of import.

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

This being the first time I played, and people seem to think I have every ability for asking questions as I read the rules on the first post...

##Vote: No Death

Articles
    Blog Entries

And the alliteration continues! That's 4 votes for No Death.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

dang I kinda wanna also do it for that sweet alliteration. I'm all about alliteration