Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678910111525 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 446

Thread: EoFF Mafia Dissidia

  1. #61
    'Just Friends' Formalhaut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Glenwood
    Posts
    13,305
    Articles
    54
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    dang I kinda wanna also do it for that sweet alliteration. I'm all about alliteration
    It's as good a reason as any other on Day One


  2. #62
    GO! use leech seed! qwertysaur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Kanto
    Posts
    11,439
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

    Default

    Wow a lot happened while I was asleep. Here is what I see. A textbook bandwagon. Because if one more person votes no death then the day immediately will end and that is bad for the town. I'll help stop your temptation though Freya.

    ##Vote:Formalhaut

    The night time is the time of the mafia, let's not rush what we have.

  3. #63
    'Just Friends' Formalhaut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Glenwood
    Posts
    13,305
    Articles
    54
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by qwertysaur View Post
    Wow a lot happened while I was asleep. Here is what I see. A textbook bandwagon. Because if one more person votes no death then the day immediately will end and that is bad for the town. I'll help stop your temptation though Freya.

    ##Vote:Formalhaut

    The night time is the time of the mafia, let's not rush what we have.


    I knew you were out to get me, leafyhead!

    A fair point, but what is there to discuss? More circular arguments? Gardening? Favourite pizza toppings? I'm all for talking, but we need something concrete to discuss. And unless someone chucks out a daytime role ability for the funnies, we won't really get a concrete point to discuss until after the night has ended.

    Having said that, I suppose there's nothing lost in having the 48 hours play out. But then I can't really see anything gained with having 48 hours play out on Day One either. Maybe I'm just impatient.

    Either way though, I'm not going to countervote against you, Qwerty, because while I disagree on stance, yours is obviously committed to thinking about the town's best interests.

    Still, it hurts being the first player to be voted. It's almost like you want me dead, or something.


  4. #64
    Untalented Game Designer FFNut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Alberta Canada
    Posts
    3,101

    FFXIV Character

    Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

    Default

    The reason I voted No Death is we really don't have any info on anyone yet. To take a pop shot at someone early with very little info is both bold and a little silly as it could hurt your chances latter. There is lots of time to kill coming up. No need to rush on half truths and gut feelings... Yet.

  5. #65
    Radical Dreamer Cid's Knight Fynn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Tower of the Swallow
    Posts
    16,780
    Articles
    56
    Blog Entries
    16

    FFXIV Character

    A'nutoh Tia (Sargatanas)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FFNut View Post
    The reason I voted No Death is we really don't have any info on anyone yet. To take a pop shot at someone early with very little info is both bold and a little silly as it could hurt your chances latter. There is lots of time to kill coming up. No need to rush on half truths and gut feelings... Yet.
    Yeah, poor Formy

  6. #66
    'Just Friends' Formalhaut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Glenwood
    Posts
    13,305
    Articles
    54
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default

    Yeah, you guys, why do you have to be so suspicious of me. It isn't like we're playing a game of Mafia or something.


  7. #67
    Untalented Game Designer FFNut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Alberta Canada
    Posts
    3,101

    FFXIV Character

    Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

    Default

    Plus you pulled Kefka which is one of the most evil of all villains.

  8. #68
     Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Yer pants
    Posts
    25,053
    Articles
    269
    Blog Entries
    34

    FFXIV Character

    Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

    Default

    Aerith's Knight has been inactive so far. Wondering if that's deliberate for staying low or he just hasn't checked.

  9. #69

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Formalhaut View Post
    Oh flipping heck I thought we moved passed the whole 'let's discuss how we all play Mafia differently' topic. Just let people be people. Let people make perceived errors or mistakes. Let people reveal all, or keep their cards close to their chest. For some people, this is their first time playing Mafia, so let's not bombard them with rule variations and alterations that might confuse them.
    The only reason I even brought it up here was because I wanted some context from Shauna about the lack of "no-lynch" option in past games.

    Then Freya was trying to put words in my mouth and suggest I said something I clearly hadn't, so I wanted to explain my thoughts further. I didn't have any interest in discussing mafia rules outside of the "no-lynch" part, which is relevant to both this particular game and this specific day.

  10. #70
    'Just Friends' Formalhaut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Glenwood
    Posts
    13,305
    Articles
    54
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default

    Eh, I was mainly just venting to no-one in particular. I've been hearing this back and forth in this thread and the last, it kinda gets boring when you think about it

    Anyway, yes Freya I was about to comment on Aerith's Knight's absence as well. How long do we actually have left of Day One?


  11. #71
     Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Yer pants
    Posts
    25,053
    Articles
    269
    Blog Entries
    34

    FFXIV Character

    Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

    Default

    Well in 2 mins it'll have been 24 hrs from the first "GO GO" post so... 24 more hours?

  12. #72
    'Just Friends' Formalhaut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Glenwood
    Posts
    13,305
    Articles
    54
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    Well in 2 mins it'll have been 24 hrs from the first "GO GO" post so... 24 more hours?
    Well, that's plenty of time to micro-analyse every post thus far. Thanks for the time-check Freya!


  13. #73
    'Just Friends' Formalhaut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Glenwood
    Posts
    13,305
    Articles
    54
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default

    Talking about checks, it is time for another vote check!

    No Death - 4/5 (Fynn, Fox, Formalhaut, FFNut)

    Formalhaut - 1/5 (Qwertysaur)


  14. #74
     Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Yer pants
    Posts
    25,053
    Articles
    269
    Blog Entries
    34

    FFXIV Character

    Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

    Default

    That leaves:


    • Scruffington
    • Freya
    • Aerith's Knight
    • Shauna


    Having not voted yet.

    That being said

    ##Vote: Shauna

    Her pop in recap and pop out was just a bit too brief. Maybe that will get you to join in more, shauna!

    I think AK may actually just be inactive

  15. #75
    GO! use leech seed! qwertysaur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Kanto
    Posts
    11,439
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

    Default

    Here is why I'm against no lynching so fast

    Firstly it ends the day and that's the time where the mafia can strike, as I've said before

    Secondly it's just not sustainable. We need to eventually vote on people to lynch because the mafia are not going to just kill themselves for us. A no lynch is the safest vote for them because it has almost no risk.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •